Just a Forum

You are not logged in.

Adverts

#176 2016-01-21 00:20:21

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Re: Seattle Grace Hospital

Evelyn:
"Yeah, this should finish up the rooms." I said.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale
“If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation.”

2016-01-21 00:20:21

AdBot
Advertisements

#177 2016-01-21 04:04:41

Syd*
Administrator

Eli Daniels
"Okay, cool." Maybe I'd be able to sleep in a couple hours.
Dr. Haynes rounded the corner, headed for the ER. He met my gaze and nodded to us. "Good work today."
I nodded back. "Night, Dr. Haynes."

#178 2016-01-21 05:37:52

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn:
I let out a little sigh of relief once Haynes was gone.
Of all the people in the bar, how did I end up sleeping with the one that was my boss?
At this point I had to wonder what I did so horribly wrong in my life to deserve that karma.
While I was grateful he hadn't said anything about it, the idea that at any time he could was always on my mind.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale

#179 2016-01-21 06:35:45

Syd*
Administrator

Eli Daniels
"Hey, you alright," I asked Evie once I saw the look on her face.

#180 2016-01-21 06:40:54

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn:
"Yeah." I lied, taking my arm full of supplies to go stock up a room.
I couldn't exactly tell anyone that I had slept with my boss and I really didn't want the drama.
Hopefully after few days of being run down like today, I could just accept that if he said something or someone found out I'd deal with it then.

#181 2016-01-21 14:55:41

Syd*
Administrator

Eli Daniels
I wasn't convinced but I didn't push it. "Okay." I helped her stock up the rooms.

#182 2016-01-21 17:25:49

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn:
Maybe it was just because I was so tired, but it seemed to take forever to finish up the last few rooms.
"Night Eli." I said, suddenly remembering I had to meet Alex to give her the spare key to the house.

#183 2016-01-23 07:28:33

Syd*
Administrator

Eli Daniels
I nodded to her. "See ya tomorrow."

#184 2016-01-23 07:39:04

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn:
I nodded and headed to the locker room, catching Alex before she left.
I got my keys out of my locker and took off the spare.
"Here." I said, handing it to her.
"Whenever you want to come move in there is fine. There's a bedroom downstairs and mine and the two others upstairs, just take whatever room you like best." I said.

#185 2016-01-25 00:24:33

Syd*
Administrator

Alex Briar
I took the key from her. "Thanks." I would probably move in tomorrow. Tonight, all I wanted to do was crash.

#186 2016-01-25 04:07:34

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn:
"You're welcome." I said before yawning.

#187 2016-01-31 02:23:52

Syd*
Administrator

Alex Briar
I slung my bag over my shoulder and headed for the door. Apparently some of the others were heading to the bar, but all I wanted to do was sleep.

#188 2016-01-31 04:11:19

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn:
I grabbed my clothes and changed, stuffing my scrubs in my bag and closing up my locker.
Tonight I needed to actually go home and sleep, so that I could get up early and get a few more keys made.
Despite telling myself that, I'd have to see if once I got behind the wheel of my vehicle if I'd drive myself home or to the bar like any other night.

#189 2016-01-31 23:04:38

Syd*
Administrator

Roman Haynes
I poured a small amount of whiskey in a glass and held it out to him. "One sip." It would help with the pain since I couldn't give him any morphine or painkillers.
Theo looked up at me and swallowed before taking it from me. After a large gulp, he handed it back and I finished it off.
"Take my bed," I told him before sitting on the couch. I shot a text to Mako about that drink I owed her. I'd need a raincheck. Normally, I met her, Matt and the others for drinks but I didn't want to leave Theo alone.

Mako Wong
I checked my phone as a server placed fresh pickles in front of me. Gummies and fried pickles weren't the best combination but I still hadn't gone grocery shopping. I chewed on a pickle as I texted Roman back. He owed me two now.

#190 2016-02-01 00:34:01

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn Mae:
I sighed as I walked out of the hardware store, putting the little brown paper bag of spare keys into my bag with my work clothes.
Even though I was still crazy tired, I had gotten up extra early to get these keys and also in fear that if I slept in closer to time to work, I'd sleep through my alarm.
I pulled down the sun visor and slid the cover on the mirror, trying to figure out what exactly I had been trying to do with my hair when I did it this morning.
It looked ridiculous and messy, not at all professional.
I opened up the compartment in my console and pulled out a few bobby pins to pin back the strands that were extra wavy and wild this morning.
Well, I didn't look ridiculous anymore, still a mess, but a hot mess at least.
I put the visor back up and started my SUV up and headed to work.
Hopefully today would be a little less crazy...

Matt:
I was sitting on a bench in the lounge area when Thatcher came in and started putting his stuff up for the day.
"I'll need your intern to do some things for me today, I've got to catch up on surgeries from yesterday." He said, not even bothering to look at me.
"No, she'll be plenty busy with plastics. If you didn't drive interns away, you'd still have one to help you with your work load." I said, taking a bite of my granola bar.
"Sumner, if you had chosen a different surgery area, maybe you'd know what it's like to have be busy all the time." He said as I put his coat and name tag on.
"Ha Ha." I said sarcastically.
"Contrary to what you think, plastics does a lot of important stuff, but, since I'm such a kind and caring coworker, something you wouldn't know anything about, I will excuse her from my service to do whatever as needed, but-" I stopped when Thatcher turned, curious to hear the cost of this, "when I get tired of an intern, you will take that intern off my hands for the rest of the week." I bargained.
Sharp wasn't all that bad for an intern, but there would be one who's face I'd want to rearrange before the day was out, I didn't want to be stuck with them the rest of the week if  I could avoid it.

Garrett:
I pondered his offer for a moment, I suppose it wasn't a bad deal if it meant I could catch up on my surgeries that had to be postponed.
And I always had plenty of things for interns to do....away from me.
"I can do that." I said simply.
"Great, but it's your responsibility to tell Sharp when you need her and what for, I'm not going to be your messenger." He said, finishing his granola bar.
I grimaced, but nodded.
Whatever it took to get caught up so I didn't have to limit my lab hours to catch up.
If Webber would just let me take the unpaid overtime, I wouldn't need an intern's help to catch up.

Michael:
"Morning, Garrett, Matt." I said as I walked in.
Garrett walked out without a word, as usual.
"And good morning to you too." I responded as if he would ever say good morning to anyone.
I hadn't really had any mutual, non emergency cases with Garrett, so I honestly had to wonder how he handled patients.
"Morning Michael." Matt said, sipping his coffee slowly.
"I told you to slow down on those drinks last night." I chuckled.
"Hhmm, well, sometimes I forget I'm not in college anymore." He mused.
"And here I thought you were going to say something about interns driving you to drink."
"There will be one, at least, and when I get that one I'm handing him or her off to Garrett for the week." He smiled, obviously proud of managing to work out such a deal with Thatcher.
I would say so, but I seriously had to wonder if Thatcher would hold up his end of the deal, I wouldn't be proud of such a thing just yet.

Cass:
Webber walked into the ER, an unusual place to find him.
"Can I help you chief?" I asked.
"I just wanted to let you know you'll be getting a different intern for the rest of the week, Daniels will go with Roman and you'll have Lark." He said.
"Okay...." I said, not really understanding.
"Lark can be a bit...." he struggled to find the appropriate words, "well, he has poor bedside manner and respect for authority." He said carefully.
"You don't expect me to help fix that." I said, not sure if I was making a statement or asking a question.
"No, no, I just didn't know where else to put him, honestly. Thatcher already drove one intern way, we have a reputation to keep so I don't want to ruin another if possible. Just make some use of him for now, if he can act more appropriately to his bosses and patients, then he can have some freedom, but I'd keep a close eye on his for now." He said.
"Okay." I said.
"I just wanted to let you know." He said.
"Okay." I said again, not sure what else to say.
"Have a good day, Cass." He said and left the ER.
So much for having a semi calm down.
Daniels had done good work yesterday and I knew I didn't have to watch his every move.
I didn't like being a babysitter.

Tony:
I finished my third cup of coffee before getting the motivation to walk out the door.
Hopefully today Haynes wouldn't have a stick up his ass and not treat me like a nurse.

#191 2016-02-12 06:08:32

Syd*
Administrator

Alex Briar
I woke up early and packed a couple outfits and pajamas into my bag. Evie said she'd give me the house key today and depending on when I would got off, I wanted the option to just crash if I needed to. At some point, I needed to make up the four hours of sleep I was missing. I made myself a cup of coffee and pulled a beanie over my mass of hair before walking out the door. As exhausted as I was, yesterday was such a rush. Hopefully today was just as interesting.

Eli Daniels
"Yeah, dad," I said into the receiver as I pulled up to a Starbucks. The only people I pitied more than myself were the Starbucks workers, because they had to wake up before I did. I wouldn't wish this level of exhaustion on my worst enemy. "I know," I sighed, then paused, rethinking Evie's offer. "Actually, I have a place in mind."

#192 2016-02-12 06:33:41

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn Mae:
I drove to work and pulled into the parking lot.
I just sat back in my seat and groaned for a minute, trying to shake off all the grog and potential for mouthiness from my lack of sleep.
With a final sigh I opened my door and got out, heading inside and to the locker room.

Tony:
When I came into the locker room Evie was already there and dressed, half asleep on the bench.
"You know, coffee really helps with that." I said as I opened my locker.
She turned her head, giving me a glare.
"Just saying." I said.
The door opened and instead of Eli or Alex, Moore walked in, arms crossed.
"You're on my service, Lark." She said, not even looking directly at me.
"What?! Since when?" I asked, slamming my locker closed.
"Since now."  She snapped back.
"Tell Daniels he's with Haynes for the rest of the week." She said, but  I wasn't sure if she was telling me, Evie, or the room.
I opened my mouth to speak, but she turned and left.
"You've got to my kidding me." I yelled, hitting the locker with my fist.
Evie laughed quietly as she stood and stretched.
"You know, an attitude adjustment really helps with that." She said smugly.
"Just saying." She said shrugged before I could glare.

#193 2016-02-26 23:54:08

Syd*
Administrator

Mako Wong
I slid the granola bar into my pocket as I walked away from the vending machine.
"Hey." Roman seemed to appear out of nowhere.
I blinked, stopping myself abruptly and blew out a breath. "What," I demanded once I had caught my breath.
He just chuckled. "Didn't mean to scare you."
I rolled my eyes and started walking again.
He kept up with me. "Did you ever find real food yesterday?"
I held up the granola bar that was in my pocket. "And I had French toast for breakfast."
He smiled. "Color me impressed."
I smirked at him as we came to a stop in front of the surgery board.
Roman cleared his throat. "I need a favor."
I rose an eyebrow at him, watching him as he looked around.
"My...brother is here. Can you take over my surgeries today?"
My mouth dropped. "No way. I haven't done general surgery in years."
He shrugged. "Two years. It's like riding a bike."
I narrowed my eyes at him. A select few knew of my mission trips to the Dominican Republic and Thailand, where I dabbled in general surgery under a mentorship with Dr. Tonkens. Even fewer people knew that I was a Christian.
"Please," Roman begged, giving me the puppy dog eyes. "I'll forever be in your debt."
Sighing, I said, "Yes. You will."

Eli Daniels
I wiggled my eyebrows at Alex, following her into the locker room. "Morning, folks!" I paused at Evie's locker. "Thought about your offer, and I accept." It would keep me off my dad's radar.

#194 2016-02-27 05:34:47

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evelyn Mae:
I opened my locker back up and grabbed a spare key out of the brown paper bag.
"Here." I said, handing him the key.

Tony:
I fumbled a bit with my locker.
"You're on Haynes service for the rest of the week, Eli." I said, reaching into my now open locker.
Other than Evie who witnessed the whole thing, I didn't want the others to know I had gotten kicked off Haynes' service and hated it.

#195 2016-02-29 13:03:51

Syd*
Administrator

Eli Daniels
"Thank ya, kindly," I smiled.
Just as I finished getting dressed the door opened and a doctor walked in. I didn't recognize her though.
"Which one of you is Daniels," she asked.
Uh oh. "That would be me." I raised my hand.
"Haynes asked me to cover his surgeries, so you're with me today."
Hmm, this would be interesting. "Alrighty."

Alex Briar
I sucked down the rest of my coffee and threw it away. Now I'm awake.

#196 2016-02-29 17:30:28

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Tony:
I just rolled my eyes, go figured I get stuck in the pit and he gets to go around with the head of cardio, even if she was just covering for Haynes.
After closing my locker I walked out the door to go down to whatever crap was waiting for me in the ER.

Evelyn Mae:
I gave one last yawn and long stretch, before closing up my locker and heading out to find Sumner.
Not that plastics was something I was interested in, but at this point being in any OR even just observing would be great.
Hopefully I got to be in an OR again today.

Michael:
I headed towards the locker room to find Briar, ready to get a start on the day.
Some of these kids had a thing about us being perfectly on time for our rounds, meaning we had to be early to ensure we were never late.

Adverts

Board footer