TNTS

Just a Forum

You are not logged in.

Adverts

#1 2012-07-24 05:46:15

*~Butterfly_Blue~*
To Be or Not To Be

Opinions on the Series

Pretty self explanatory, what do you think on the series?

When I started my new school my EH teacher started reading the first of this series to her English class.

I was in her class for a study hall during that time, but after a few pages of her reading aloud it really caught my attention.
I had heard a lot about The Hunger Games before then and I knew it was popular, but a few people told me about it and I was like....totally not my kind of thing, but the first book caught my attention.
Needless to say, whenever she stopped reading and everyone else was relieved I was almost in tears.

She finished the book and I was very happy with the ending.
When she told me there were two other books, I did some research on them to decide if they were worth reading.

After some research on the last two books, I'm honestly glad I didn't invest the time to read them.
I read some really extensive summaries of the second and third book and they just aren't as appealing and exciting to me as the first book was.

I'm someone that thrives off detail, to me its the best part of any book if things are described down to the last detail, I want to see it the way the writer imagined it. Sadly this is very hard to find, especially with good writing style. The first book had some detail, but I would've appreciated it so much more had the detail been so much better.
I just felt like I was filling in the blanks a lot whenever I was trying to imagine Katniss and Peeta playing in The Hunger Games with the environment and such.

But that is my opinion on the series, mainly the first book.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale
A Smart Woman Loves Her Anagrams(:

Please check out my rp idea
And Cat's new, awesome rp.

2012-07-24 05:46:15

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-07-25 18:33:19

E.L.F
Living in the sprawl
Website

Re: Opinions on the Series

If you liked the first book that you were almost in tears over it why would you not read the rest based on someone else's opinion? I read them years before they were popular and there was only ever a few negative reviews but since they became so popular obviously it's going to be open to judgement. I loved the last two books they kept you on edge trying to figure out wha would happen, especially the last one.
   There's actually a lot of meaning behind the books if you really look in to them. It's about children in war and how we thrive off entertainment. If you think about it we're actual the capital, rich and privelleged, but poorer countries are the districts. Any way I'm not going to explain anything from the other books just in case you decide to read them.
   I really think you should just give them a shot, I would never not read the rest of the series just because of something someone said on the Internet. They're really good books!

Last edited by E.L.F (2012-07-25 18:36:22)

#3 2012-07-26 02:34:23

Finite Incantatem
Lightning Has Struck!
Website

I read the books way before they were popular (long before Mockingjay came out), and when I first read them, they were my favorite series after Harry Potter! I really enjoyed them and they really made me think about issues in our society and how ridiculously similar Panem is to now. I still really like the first two (I had a lot of issues with Mockingjay and it's plot and how it was written, but I haven't let that color my like of the first two), although I don't consider them books that I could reread. I tried, and I just didn't get the same enjoyment out of them. And the movie (see below). That's why after my original love for them, they've kind of fallen down on my list of favorite books, although I still consider them to be favorites.

Unfortunately, I don't consider myself a member of the fandom. Most of the fans (the ones that have come in after the movie, at least, and I hate to generalize like that, but it's true) really annoy me, and I don't like how the release of the film has . . . I dunno, it seems like everything changed after the movie. I liked the movie, I liked the books; I can't really explain why my opinion changed to drastically after the movie was released. I still like the books - I'm a fan, just not part of the fandom. You know what I mean?

"You okay, Freddie?"
"Yeah."
"Me too."

#4 2013-07-23 17:37:59

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

How do we feel about the new CW show Capture?

It's basically Hunger Games, accept no one gets killed lol

Should we open up a topic under Hunger Games??

E'ya stu rezku.
Tell me about the story where the Sun loved the Moon so much
He died every night to let Her breathe.

I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together, then it's beautiful.

#5 2014-05-26 23:10:49

Syd*
Administrator

Breaking_Moon wrote:

How do we feel about the new CW show Capture?

It's basically Hunger Games, accept no one gets killed lol

Should we open up a topic under Hunger Games??

Capture? Never heard of it, lol.

Adverts

Board footer