Just a Forum

You are not logged in.

Adverts

#1 2012-07-08 08:34:51

*You-Know-Who*
Miss Phobia
Website

Origins Of The Board and Evolution: A History

Hello, there! Why, are you a new member in a confusion as to the name? Or perhaps you're an old friend seeking a reminder of your own past? Why, gather round, all of you. That's the story I'm here to tell.

The Board is Born
Long ago, there existed on the wide range of forums hosted by Pun-BB, a forum for the fans of Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" novels. This, at the time was its official forum, run by a site connected with Mrs. Meyer and her Publishing house, but run by fans. It was a wonderful site, full of discussion and fun and fans and anti's alike. Yes, we had out squabbles and our trolls, but what's a good forum without a few of those? Any of your standing administration team can tell you all about what is known lovingly as "The Old Site," if you're curious.
If memory serves, in 2009, a few months after the release of the first "Twilight" film, things went haywire. The fanbase had grown, and the member population of The Old Site positively exploded! To the point where we had downtime due to server overload. But still, many of us dutifully remained. Then came the announcement: The board was moving. Moving sites to a brand new server, a FaceBook wannabe called NING. Many of the fans loved our server, our board layout and cried out against moving! We hated this new server and wanted our own little community back.
But lo! Salvation came in the forum of a replacement New Site. This board was born when the first Admin, known as EndlessNight made the board. Lots of us flooded here, happy as could be, this being almost an exact replica of the original forum we knew and loved!

The Board Slips
After a time of lots of activity, many of our members left. Their reasons varied. Real life dramas, relocation, losing interest in Twilight. It's unlikely to find a Twilight fan on this board at all, actually. Not impossible, but rare. And thus, other than a few loyal, close originals, we shrank, new members more likely AdBots than humans. Even admins had periods of absence, some resigning entirely. A moment of Silence for Courtney, Orchi and Lane.
It was clear something had to be done, lest we all become a bunch of venting roleplayers with empty space at the board's top. As a brief attempt, we removed the original name: The New Twilight Saga, and replaced it with the common shortened form: TNTS as our name. The url remains the same, and out past is represented by the new name, but it was the start of a journey into evolution.

Reform
Deeply saddened by the beloved site slipping, long-term admin You-Know-Who PM'd Finite Incantatem about potential changes. At the time, these two were the site's only moderating members. Initially, no reply was given to her, and she took action herself, first seeking new help. The Moderator Application was quite popular and lots of wonderful applicants were considered. Luckily, during this process, Finite made her return and they together built up their team and rallied back SmileyGirl.  From there, we pooled ideas and made change after change to get the site into ship-shape again and appealing to a modern audience! New fandoms were added, old ones were condensed, and the site was reborn!

THE END... or not.

"I am the Vampire Lestat. And nothing... Not even this mortal body can stop me." - Lestat, Tale of the Body Thief
I'm the L o u i s to her L e s t a t . . . ♥
"Don't dream it.
Be it."

2012-07-08 08:34:51

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 2012-07-08 08:46:16

*~ Twilight Crazed ~*
Sad Walrus:(
Website

Re: Origins Of The Board and Evolution: A History

Well said! :D

#3 2012-07-08 09:00:19

Safuza
"I'm eating haunted cookies?"-Dwight Houston
Website

Oooh! I like it! A good way to keep a part of the past while still allowing for us to change! :D

#4 2012-07-08 18:04:30

*You-Know-Who*
Miss Phobia
Website

Thank-you very much! I was hoping for that! And then I'm just weird, hence the narration xD

"I am the Vampire Lestat. And nothing... Not even this mortal body can stop me." - Lestat, Tale of the Body Thief
"Don't dream it.
Be it."

#5 2012-07-09 04:30:18

Finite Incantatem
Lightning Has Struck!
Website

I like it . . . it feels like an old master reiterating the mythology of his people . . .

XD

"You okay, Freddie?"
"Yeah."
"Me too."

#6 2012-07-09 04:38:08

Syd*
Administrator

:lol: Nice!

#7 2012-07-09 04:41:54

Finite Incantatem
Lightning Has Struck!
Website

The mythology will continue to grow.

*wipes away tear induced by nostalgia and lack of sleep*

"You okay, Freddie?"
"Yeah."
"Me too."

#8 2012-07-09 09:43:44

Safuza
"I'm eating haunted cookies?"-Dwight Houston
Website

Random Thought: I know we've just pruned through them all last night, but do you all think this is an important enough thread to sticky for when the newbies come?

#9 2012-07-10 17:17:10

*You-Know-Who*
Miss Phobia
Website

If you'd like! I only didn't as no one posts here enough for this to be unviewed. But feel free!

"Don't dream it.
Be it."

#10 2012-10-17 23:58:54

Electrician Palmerston No

When you are working with Electrician Palmerston North, you also need to have some basic skills in other areas. This is especially true of electrical problems, as the two systems often overlap. This doesn't mean that you need to solve the problems, but that you understand what the problems could be.

Last edited by Electrician Palmerston No (2012-10-17 23:59:27)

#11 2012-11-21 07:32:50

Trouble Maker
Website

Hmmm ... thought I'd drop by and say "Hello!"
After all those years as an elder from the original site, I miss the good old days.

-from the original dtroublemaker01
BEE :D

Hi All! ... what's new?

#12 2012-11-26 04:23:20

SmileyGirl
I'll smile if you cut me ear to ear

hOW BEAUTIFUL

We shall live on

the twilight forum also lead me to meeting mi current boyfriend of nearly 14 months, Connor (aliceizmine).
YAY TWILIGHT FORUM

We're a family
and I think we should schedule a day where we all get on in like.. Sometime in 2013. Have some big party. What do you think?

Might not be the appropriate place to bring this up but.. whatever xD

P.S I'm sorry for always coming and going :(

"because i think love is fearless"-TaylorSwift.
Connor loves me.
That is all.

Adverts

Board footer