You are not logged in.

Adverts

#76 2016-07-10 01:02:35

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Re: Lily & Amberrrr

Elaine:
The school was so.....tiny.
I went passed the schools in New York often, wondering what it'd be like if I had gone, even the ones downtown were bigger than their high school.
I had officially moved to the middle of fucking no where.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale
“If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation.”

2016-07-10 01:02:35

AdBot
Advertisements

#77 2016-07-10 01:08:26

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
"I know it's small," I said as we continued on. "but every one is pretty friendly." We drove past the main community buildings and a wide open space with construction signs all over it.
I stopped and parked.
"That, is going to be the new community center," I stated proudly. "I'm designing the building. It's going to have everything. A gym, banquet rooms, small indoor and outdoor pool, music rooms and art rooms. We're hoping that it will attract more people so we can put on art socials, maybe even local concerts."

E'ya stu rezku.
Tell me about the story where the Sun loved the Moon so much
He died every night to let Her breathe.

I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together, then it's beautiful.

#78 2016-07-10 01:13:10

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Elaine:
I stared out the window, nodding lightly so that he knew I was listening at least.
Mom had talked about how great of an architect he was.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale

#79 2016-07-10 01:20:57

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I started driving again.
"Ya maybe you and Katrina can take some classes together once it's up and running. She draws," I explained.

Nixon:
I stepped back out of the garage, wiping my hands on a rag as I heard the familiar rumble of Mr. Harper's truck. I had installed the muffler system so I knew that sound anyway. As he neared I waved, noting the chick riding shot gun. Hmm, that was not his daughter but she looked about her age. I gave an extra wave and wink as they drove off.

E'ya stu rezku.

I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together, then it's beautiful.

#80 2016-07-10 01:26:48

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Elaine:
I didn't say anything or move.
Just because she could draw didn't mean I was going to like her, I hadn't even met her yet.
I imagine I'd dislike her almost as much as her father.
We passed a garage and I made the mistake of continuing to stare out the window and was noticed by the guy standing out front.
I simply rolled my eyes at the guy when he winked and turned, looking straight ahead  for now on.

#81 2016-07-10 02:24:09

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

sorry, made a last minute run to town. Here for good now!!

Michael:
I finished with town and turned onto a lone gravel rode after the town limits and drove out to the only property on the road. Our two story log home with basement came into view. It wasn't the dream house Maddy and I had always talked about but that got put on hold after I confessed about the affair. So this was home now and I don't think I could change it even if I wanted to.
I parked in the gravel circle drive, in front of the front door.
"Here we are, do you need a hand?" I asked, just in case.

Katrina:
I looked up from my driver's book when I saw dust.
"Their here!" I called to mom. She didn't want to be here but I convinced her otherwise. We needed to show a united front.

E'ya stu rezku.

#82 2016-07-10 02:37:51

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

You're fine, I'm finally getting a good work on housework and trying to find some shit to pack in my totes so they can be marked. lol

Elaine:
Without acknowledging his offer, I got out and grabbed my own bags as my answer.

Maddy:
Arms crossed, I walked into the room and drew in a sharp breath and walked to the front door with Katrina.
I opened the door as the dark haired girl came into view.
With the information Michael had given me years ago, it wasn't hard to find out what his mistress had looked like.
She was well known and listed with multiple organizations as a donor and member, but I didn't see much of the woman in the girl, except for the green eyes.
Her face was less round than Kat and I's, something she got from Michael, same with the prominent jaw lane, shape of her eyes and lips, even that furrowed brow that Michael got when he was stressed or worried.
I almost wondered which side of the family the black hair came from, I remembered her mom's hair had been sandy in color, and she was taller than both Kat and I already, something she must've got from both Michael and Caroline.
She hadn't even looked up at us yet, but her resting face was somewhat disturbing.
I had never met someone who looked so dark and empty all the time, I imagined that feeling would be worsened by the fact that we'd have to get used to her not talking.

#83 2016-07-10 02:42:49

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Moving or just organizing?

Michael:
I came out the truck, shoving my hands in my pockets and followed up the steps behind her.
"Katrina, can you show Laine to her room please?" I asked

Katrina:
I stepped up and nodded. She looked, empty. So I wasn't completely sure on how to proceed so I figured an easy shake of the head or nod question was a good one to start with first.
"Did you want a tour of the house?" I asked her.

E'ya stu rezku.

#84 2016-07-10 02:49:48

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

The goal is to move eventually, we met with the bank on Friday and they're going to get specific numbers and tell us what loans we might be available for. My son is a runner and he gets out of the house and into the highway (less than 10ft from our front door) and no cars even start braking by the time I catch up to him, so I need to move somewhere safer for him.
I'm organizing and resorting for about the 3rd time in three years. I'm to the point  I'm just throwing a bunch of shit away or donating it, because it's not even worth any money I might get at a yardsale for it, so I held myself by having a lot less shit to pack and drag to a new house since  I'll have to move everything entire by myself. -_- Like the last two times we moved five years ago.

Elaine:
I shook my head, my room and the bathroom would suffice, I'd explore on my own when I wasn't being watched like a hawk.

Maddy:
"Oh, Laine, we picked up some hygiene supplies and put them in the upstairs bathroom you'll share with  Kat so you have your own stuff." I said.
I can honestly say shopping for stuff for his other child had been one of the hardest things to do in my entire life.
She didn't even turn her head.
Boy this would take some time to get used to....

#85 2016-07-10 03:00:00

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Well that's scary. Hopefully they can get you something so you have one less thing to worry about.
Moving is never fun.

Katrina:
I glanced at mom when Elaine didn't bother to acknowledge or even nod a thank you to my mom. I turned around and took her up the stairs, following the curve as it rounded around and took her down the hallway with three different rooms. The bathroom, dad's study and her room at the end.
"I'm at the opposite end on the left side. Let me know if you need anything," I said, before I turned to leave her. One thing that I couldn't stand was not showing people respect, especially my parents. As I descending the stairs I mentally chided myself. She had a problem with authority, she operated differently. I sighed as I hit the main floor. This was going to take some getting used to.

Michael:
I watched Maddy as the girls walked away.

E'ya stu rezku.

#86 2016-07-10 03:15:18

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

The biggest help will be being allowed to fence and put different locks and as many hardware installed gates as necessary. We rent, so we're not allowed to do either, although I've done some acknowledging I won't get my security deposit back, and because we're in town and so close to the highway we're not allowed to fence there, not to mention the driveway is at an awkward angle and so wide we couldn't fence it without technically being at the very edge of the road.

Elaine:
I put my bags down on the bed and started to unpack he duffel bags.
When I finished hanging and folding everything perfectly, I sat on the bed with my back on my lap.
Slowly, I started moving the two zippers away from each other at the top, carefully digging around for some things.
I took out the carved wild animals I had grown up playing with, they were all main animals in Africa, they hadn't been a toy in a long time, but they were a keep sake along with a lot of my other souvenirs my mother had collected in her travels.
I had taken most of them with me when I left, so she couldn't sell them for money too.
Lifting up the frame with my mother's picture, I sighed, the tension leaving my body as I slouched now.
I missed her....it hadn't really hit me until now.
I saw her so little it wasn't that hard to forget that she was actually gone, dead, but being here made it a constant reality.
Carefully putting the picture back next to the stack of letters, I pulled out some of my paint shavings and the few brushes I always carried on my and laid them on the bedside table with the wooden figures.
The rest of my brushes, canvas, and shavings were back home, where I belonged.
I scanned the room, looking for a place to-I stood whenever I saw the edge of board slightly raised in the corner near the dresser.
Looking up, I made sure the doorway was clear before pulling out the large stack of cash.
I went to the wall and used a screw driver in my bag to loosen the board just enough for me to slid smaller stacks of bills underneath until it was all safely hidden.
Standing, I moved the dresser into the corner so that it would hide the uneven board.
I wiped my hands on my jacket and now observed the room.
These colors were so drab, the only thing that wasn't a complete bore was the picture on the wall, at least it had some character.

Maddy:
"Was she like that in the car too?" I asked

#87 2016-07-10 03:20:22

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I nodded and put an arm around Katrina as she came over and kissed the top of her head.
"I took her to the location of the community center too, didn't seem interested at all," I said sighing. This was going to be a lot harder than I was hoping for.

Katrina:
I stared at the floor, resting my head on my dad's shoulder and hand on his chest.
"She looked so... empty, lost," I commented.

E'ya stu rezku.

#88 2016-07-10 03:23:49

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
I nodded in agreement, but that wasn't our fault or Michael's.
"Elaine....that was your great grandmother's name, the one you were close to, wasn't it?" I asked Michael.
His family life had been rough, but as a young child his great grandmother had been there for him, I remembered him telling me about it when we started dating.
She was really the only family member that had meant anything to him.

#89 2016-07-10 03:25:47

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I nodded, not being able to help my small smile. After everything, I could see Maddy was going to try and help. She was going to take Elaine in, I could see it.

E'ya stu rezku.

#90 2016-07-10 03:30:21

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
I nodded, go figure.
I couldn't ever quite figure out the deal between him and Caroline.
Stuff that took me a long time for him to tell me, was stuff he easily spilled to her in a month, personal stuff that meant a lot to him.
She had named her daughter after the only family member he had been close to, not something any mother takes lightly when naming their child.
How is it he told her stuff like that, but managed to hide the fact he had a wife of several years back home?
"Well, I need to get a start on supper otherwise we won't be eating tonight. Kat, will you help me get a start on it?" I asked.

#91 2016-07-10 03:32:12

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Katrina:
I smiled and nodded eagerly.
"Ya! Of course," I said and dashed to the kitchen.

Michael:
I stopped Maddy before she walked away.
"Can we go for a walk after supper?" I asked her.

E'ya stu rezku.

#92 2016-07-10 03:35:12

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
"Of course." I nodded.
I turned and headed towards the kitchen, making a mental note to make enough for a fourth person.
"If you get started on the salad I'll get the spaghetti going." I told Katrina as I came into the kitchen.
"So....what do you think of her?" I asked, curious.

#93 2016-07-10 03:40:05

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Katrina:
I nodded and fished out the big salad bowel and headed to the fridge to grab everything I needed when mom asked me about Elaine.
I shrugged, "I'm not really sure at the moment, she's quiet. I'm afraid she's not going to try to make it work..." I shrugged.

Michael:
I walked upstairs and changed my shirt before I went to go tend to the horses. I hesitated at the steps before I went to Elaine's room.
I knocked on the door.

E'ya stu rezku.

#94 2016-07-10 03:43:52

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Elaine:
I quickly closed my backpack and sat it on the corner of the bed, away from anyone's reach.
I hit my heel against the floor as the okay to come in.

Maddy:
"You and I both." I said.
"Your father has to set up an appointment with a doctor in a few days, so maybe we'll find out if and what the underlying issues are. I suppose you can't fault someone for the problems they have if it's the symptoms of a bigger problem." I shrugged, not sure if I really believed she was anything other than a very defiant teenager.

#95 2016-07-10 03:49:49

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Do you think your little guy will grow out of the running? Or not because of the brain damage?

Michael:
I opened up the door and peered in.
"Hey, I know your settling in but I was wondered if you wanted to come feed the horses."

Katrina:
I nodded
"I think it's more emotional than physical," I stated as I washed the lettuce then moved to cutting strawberries. I loved fresh strawberries and almonds in my salad.

E'ya stu rezku.

#96 2016-07-10 04:00:38

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

It would honestly depend on whether or not he develops any safety awareness and if it's enough to recognize that running is dangerous. He is very unaware, he'll run right into chairs,tables, and people when he's running like he never saw them.

Maddy:
"I know, but a doctor should be able to.give us a hint, hopefully refer her to someone who can fix-help her." i corrected myself.

Elaine:
I turned my head.
Horses?

#97 2016-07-10 04:07:47

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

High pain tolerance? Or doesn't understand pain?

Kat:
I glanced over at her before nodding slowly. Hopefully she wanted help.

Michael:
The corner of my mouth twitched into a half smile.
"Come on, you should meet them at the very least," I said and stepped away from her room, turning to walk down the stairs. If she followed, she followed. I headed out the front door so she didn't have to go through the kitchen if she chose to come.

E'ya stu rezku.

#98 2016-07-10 04:20:04

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Both. He had two major skull surgeries to relieve the pressure, they prescribe hydrocodone and morphin for pain management and he took Tylenol only once after each surgery. He doesn't understand much of anything, but he has a lot of what appear to be Autistic tendencies, but Autism has become a trash can diagnosis in this country so they're trying to say he's on the spectrum, mainly because he doesn't talk or have any form of communication even for needs. All his his therapists even wrote in their notes to the doctors that he comes off Autistic, but when you spend time with him and see him in his every day situation that he doesn't come off that way at all. But see, they failed to do the surgery in time, both times, before it put pressure on the brain and all CT scans showed no pressure on the brain and it was wrong. They don't want to admit they screwed up and waited too long both times despite me telling them they were wrong because his headaches were so severe and he had significant skill loss. Before the second surgery, he went from running to not being able to stand with two hands on a table because it was putting so much pressure on the frontal and temporal lobe, which are some of the major areas that deal with emotions, and ability to understand pain and language.
But he's a happy kid, we don't push him to do things, just let him learn on his own timeline and that's most effective. I mean, he has problems, there's no need to screw with his quality of life.

Elaine:
I hesitated for a moment, but stood to my feet and put my hands in the pocket off my hoodie and slowly followed after him.
New York wasn't exactly a very animal friendly place....it was too city for that.
I hadn't really had much interactions with animals since we left Africa.
Not only did I get to meet and interact with a lot of wild animals there, but my mom had a big German Shepherd named Baron who traveled with us, but he passed away of old age shortly before we came back to New York.
Since there the closest I'd been to an animal were stray cats fighting in the alleys.

Maddy:
"If you ever have any concerns....." I started carefully, putting the spaghetti in, "you will tell me, right? I know you might be hesitant to go to your dad about it," seeing as how he would be biased now, "but I don't want you to be afraid to come to me, no matter how little it may seem." I said.
Regardless of whether or not she had been in a gang, we didn't know what this girl had done in the past or what she would do in a new situation or when provoked, Kat's safety was my number one priority.

#99 2016-07-10 04:26:29

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Doctors always wait until the last minute it seems, claiming its too soon to do anything. I know it's not really my business or anything but I think it's really awesome that you guys are easy going with him, treat him like a kid and let him do him. I know some people who freak and do nothing or push and push until the kid cracks and becomes worse. I know it must be easier said than done most days but still lol. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Michael:
I approached the gate and whistled, calling everyone over. Katrina's house came first, as usual, followed closely behind was Clarissa's horse.

Katrina:
I nudged her
"Don't worry mom, I'm sixteen now," I teased.

E'ya stu rezku.

#100 2016-07-10 04:35:21

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

That's exactly why we don't. We push any kid that has problems so much that they crack. My mother is in a support group for kids like my son and a lot of these kids aggressively attack other people in the household, beat themselves, and are miserably and angry all the time because they're pushed and forced to maintain schedules and do things that they just can't handle doing. I was going to home school anyhow, because I know how bad public schools are, but my goals for Henry are purely self care so that if something happens to me he can do basic things for himself since he doesn't really like other people, like dress/undress, bath  and perform other hygiene related tasks, maybe cook some food, academics are the least of my concerns. I don't care if he learns his name or can write it, but if he's fairly functional for his disabilities that'd be great for him long term. The US is so Child Protective Service happy for any parent who doesn't do anything the way we want, so we have to tread carefully in the way we go about things to avoid having that additional problem, because they could tell us we have to push him and make him do things that makes him more dysfunctional to keep him, but our goal is to slip through every loop hole and just let him be him and learn what he's going to learn. He turns 3 the end of August and he can say his whole alphabet, count 1-10, we're working on 11-20, he does puzzles that are marked for 7+ age groups, and all sorts of things, but he learns that all on his own timeline and without any pressure and that seems to work for him, even his therapists agree. We've gone down to one now, to minimize the stress and make it easier on the rest of the family, but because she supports us we're sticking with her, she'll come in handy if we ever run into problems for not putting him behavioral therapy 40+ hours a week.

Elaine:
I stood at the other end of the gate, watching curiously as they came over.
I couldn't recall ever seeing a horse in person before, they were bigger than I thought.

Maddy:
I chuckled.
"'Yeah, I know, but even when  you're thirty you'll still be my baby." I smiled.

Adverts

Board footer