You are not logged in.

Adverts

#51 2016-07-09 21:19:24

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Re: Lily & Amberrrr

Michael:
I nodded and stood
"Please do, thank you for respecting Caroline's wishes," I added.

Katrina:
I eventually took the fur coat off, dying of heat and re packaged it. I stood up and went over to Aryaan, brushing her out before I climbed up again and took a short ride to the river nearby, needing to clear my head and think. The beauty of summer was I was pretty much alone most of the day to run off and think.

E'ya stu rezku.
Tell me about the story where the Sun loved the Moon so much
He died every night to let Her breathe.

I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together, then it's beautiful.

2016-07-09 21:19:24

AdBot
Advertisements

#52 2016-07-09 21:22:46

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Skip to when she brings Elaine back?

Jane:
"It's the least I could do, I trust Caroline had her intentions straight when she made this will, she would've changed it if she had wanted to."

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale
“If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation.”

#53 2016-07-09 21:24:42

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

I kinda wanna see what Maddy does first when Michael tells her what he's done :lol:

Michael:
I nodded and wished her a safe travel. I left the diner and headed downtown, having some business to take care of.

E'ya stu rezku.

I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together, then it's beautiful.

#54 2016-07-09 21:26:55

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

lmao Alrighty.

Maddy:
I had just finished preparing supper and neither my daughter or husband had come back to the house yet.
I set the table and made their plates and sat down, waiting, anxious for the day to be over so I could go to bed and sleep this whole thing off.
I'd revisit the issue once we got the paternity results back.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale

#55 2016-07-09 21:30:55

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I sat in my truck, trying to get words straight in my head before walking in. Screw it, it was going to be bad anyways. I got out and headed inside.
"Maddy?" I called, I could already smell the food, she was an exceptional cook. I prayed there would be no poison in my share though.

Katrina:
I finally finished carry for all the horses and did I once over before I locked them in for the night.

E'ya stu rezku.

#56 2016-07-09 21:32:25

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
I lifted my head from my hands.
"Yes?" I asked as he walked into the dining room.
I was already suspicious since he had called out to me, I really did not want to hear about his meeting and affair child.

#57 2016-07-09 21:33:34

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I observed the table. "How was your day?" I asked, going for the liquor cabinet again.

E'ya stu rezku.

#58 2016-07-09 21:35:00

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
"Cut the shit, Michael, we've been together way too long for you to beat around the bush, so just spill it." I signed, taking a sip of my wine.

#59 2016-07-09 21:36:52

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Micheal:
I poured a drink, downed it and poured another.
"Elaine will be here in a few days. We'll rent her a small place in town."

Last edited by Breaking_Moon (2016-07-09 21:37:19)

E'ya stu rezku.

#60 2016-07-09 21:38:22

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
I literally dropped my glass of wine and it shattered upon hitting the table.
"What-What?" I stammered, turning to look at him.
"What about what we talked about?" I said, truly in disbelief.
I thought this was settled.

#61 2016-07-09 21:41:34

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I put the envelope of papers on the table.
"She's an A student, excelling well beyond her age and she paints. She has potential Mads, she just needs a stable environment to ground her. She's half of me," I stated.

E'ya stu rezku.

#62 2016-07-09 21:48:03

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
I was so shocked my body had no room for anger.
"Very well." I said, standing up, trying to wipe the loose droplets of wine from my clothing.
"However, you're not going to rent a place for her, she's still a minor and it looks bad if we don't let her stay here." I said simply.
"You can sleep in the bedroom tonight, I'll be busy cleaning out the other bedroom upstairs for the night." I sighed.
Normally I would make him sleep on the couch, but I was still in shock and sleep would not be coming to me tonight.
I had been taking medication for sleep for years now, but even I knew it would do me no good tonight, so I migt as well be productive.
"And you can tell our daughter on your own."

#63 2016-07-09 21:50:02

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
"I can help you with the room," I offered her, wary of her calm demeanor.

Katrina:
I walked in through the back door and set my stuff on the small kitchen table before I wandered towards the dinning room.

E'ya stu rezku.

#64 2016-07-09 21:54:12

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
"Absolutely not." I said.
"I need the space.."
"She may be half of you, Michael, but for all our sakes, let's hope she takes after what little part of you is still good." I said spitefully, heading up the stairs to get to work.
The room would have to be presentable if that girl was going to stay here.

#65 2016-07-09 22:00:59

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I sighed and gripped my chair. I heard a cough and looked up.
"Katrina! When, when did you get in?" I asked.
She walked to the table and sat in her spot.
"Shortly before mom left. So, I have a half sister?" I questioned.

Katrina:
I knew a bit about mom and dad's fault out, just the details I needed to know but this new development was something apparently none of us knew of.
Dad sighed and sat down.
"You know dad, I still think you're good. Everyone has a reason for what they do," I said. He looked up and halfheartedly smiled at me.
"We got lucky with you, you know that? In more ways than one." I nodded, understanding.
"We tried forever to get pregnant. Year after year, supplements, dr intervention. Nothing was working," he trailed and I watched as his eyes drifted off to a world that I never had to the chance to see.

E'ya stu rezku.

#66 2016-07-09 22:09:38

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Jane:
We had lucked out and caught Elaine at her mother's funeral.
I was the only other person who bothered to show up, seeing as how people couldn't afford to be associated with someone who resorted to the things she did.
She refused to tell me or take me to where she had been staying to get her belongings, like she was protecting something.
All she had was the backpack on her and I didn't infuriate her by going through it.
I'd call Mr. Harper in the morning, but for now I went back to the office to get a head start on the paperwork.
Because she was such an escape artist, I had to put her in the county jail for the time being, it was the only place she'd be safe and unable to escape.

Last edited by *Monsters_Momma* (2016-07-09 22:11:03)

#67 2016-07-09 22:17:03

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

okay we can skip now if you wish

Katrina:
I listened to his side, something I'd never really heard before, it was always their story, never one side versus the other but with another daughter on the way, apparently one the same age as me, the stories came out. I felt for dad, I felt bad, but I also did feel a sense of betrayal. The way he talked of Caroline... but the way he talked about mom was heartbreaking. I could see why he liked Caroline but I still wasn't happy about it.
"I'll try daddy," I said. He pulled me into a tight bear hug.
"You will always be my little girl, no matter what. Your way of living won't change my dear, mark my words." I buried my head into his chest and nodded slowly. We ate our supper without mom, throwing in a topic of conversation occasionally but mainly ate in silence.
After supper I cleaned the kitchen for dad while he went for a walk. I was already in my room, writing to River by the time I heard him come back.

E'ya stu rezku.

#68 2016-07-09 22:30:04

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

July 31

Jane:
I cleared my throat.
"Come on Laine." I said.
She had stayed in the same spot in the car, arms crossed and unmoving since we left New York.
I'm sure to everyone else she'd just look angry and hurt, but this was truly her face all the time.

Elaine:
I only willingly got out of the vehicle when the officer starting to pull me by my arm.
Jane went to grab my bags for me and I quickly snatched them from her, I didn't need her help.
She walked ahead and I followed slowly behind, but not so far I couldn't hear her talking to the man waiting for us next to the truck.
"It'd probably be best if you stick to calling her Laine, it's the name she was given by the gang and she....does not respond well to her given name." She warned him.
I stopped in my tracks when he looked up at me.
Eleven years didn't seem so long ago now, he didn't change much, or at least not enough.
As I made eye contact with him I remembered back to when my mom and saw him and and his wife and daughter getting into their vehicle, excited and happy, and turning to read my mother's expression in my confusion.
She had died long before her last birthday, she died that day, standing there as she saw him with his family.
Among my best memories in Africa were the memories of her talking about my father and how much she loved him and he'd be so happy to meet me, she never spoke of him again after that.
He was not the man she spoke of, that man never would've hurt her the way he did.
The officer stopped behind me, but I still refused to take another step.

#69 2016-07-09 22:53:11

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Katrina:

Dear River,
Ireland. Wow. I've always wanted to see Ireland. I hear it's very green, rains a lot, though I'm sure I would get over that quickly just to see Dublin once.
Russia now, the architecture must be amazing. My dad would die for that... The present was too much River, you shouldn't have. I was in such a state of shock that I didn't check the pockets until I started writing this. The bracelet is beautiful. If I'm being honest that was what made my "sweet" sixteen, sweet.
You remember how I told you my dad cheated on my mom before he found out about me? Well, turns out that affair developed into something a little more serious. I have a half sister. She's coming to live with us in the next few days. I think I'm still in shock of it all. Mom is currently cursing and banging things around as she cleans out the spare room. She didn't yell at the news of her coming so I guess that's a bonus.

I'm terrified. She's from New York, I've been to New York. I know what the teenagers my age are like there. She's been trouble for most of her life. She's in a gang (I found papers and learned more of her habits). She's also an artist though... Done some graffiti, I guess I could show her the side of the mountain where the local kids go sometimes. She could paint there while we swim... I honestly don't know what to expect. Dad keeps saying my life won't change. I don't think he fully realizes what's going to happen yet.
Anyways, I don't want you to worry. I'm sure everything will be fine. Safe travels, I hope this letter finds you before your new journey begins, maybe some where for you to warm up!

Cheers, Katrina

I sent my letter a couple days ago, making a run for a mountain of groceries for mom while she finalized the room. Now I stood in the doorway of that room staring at everything that had transformed, there was a bran new bed with a neutral colour for bedding. Matching dresser and table. A lounge chair in the corner with a carpet similar to the decor in the living room. And pictures... Of artists, the various Montana mountain ranges. I almost missed it but above her bed was a blown up picture of one of my drawings. Our mountain with a brought out view of the river, a dear drinking from the cool water. I hoped she liked that as much as I did.

Michael:
I watched Elaine walk over with the officer, she stopped a few feet away, in defiance it seemed. I nodded, acknowledging Jane.
"Laine it is then," I moved from the truck and extended my hand. "Laine, my name is Michael. Welcome to Montana."

E'ya stu rezku.

#70 2016-07-09 23:03:16

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Elaine:
I clinched the handles of my bags more tightly.
Even if I had a free hand, I had no desire to shake his hand.
I was glad my expression was always the same, it made it that much easier to hide my pain of seeing him.
Seeing him only made me relive my mothers pain over and over again, I had see how much it hurt her, it was truly unbearable, but I'd never let my own pain show.

Jane:
"Um anyhow, as I told you before, Laine is selectively mute so she used a small notepad to communicate-" Laine glared at me, "when she wants to, of course, it has your basic answers and her name and if she wishes to say something more than that she'll write it down for you." I told him.
Elaine was still wearing her clothes from before.
Her jeans were ripped in several places and she wore a jacket over her hoody, both of which were stained and worn, and even though it didn't quite cling to her body, you could see how skinny she was.
While she came by some of it naturally, I'm sure part of it was her previous life style.
"You'll need to make her an appointment with a doctor at some point to be evaluated, she hasn't been seen by a doctor since, well, since her mother came back from Africa so she'll need to be looked over soon." I said quietly.

#71 2016-07-09 23:05:50

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
Selective mute, right. Doctor's right.
"Yes, yes of course," I said nodding. "Were you able to go shopping?" I asked Jane.

E'ya stu rezku.

#72 2016-07-09 23:17:46

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Jane:
I sighed.
"Yes, but she insisted on not changing into something more presentable. She wouldn't let us take her to where she was staying to retrieve some of her other clothing, so we bought all new, it's in the bags." I said, gesturing to the duffel bags Elaine held onto.
Elaine wasn't a very cooperative shopper, that was for sure.
She took forever to try on clothes and wouldn't try on most the things  I offered her, so we ended up with the only thing she'd agree to ever wear, regular jeans, t-shirts, and some long sleeved shirts to help cover her tattoos when school started in a few days.
"I did bring the official paperwork and something from the courts so the school doesn't give you a hard time about her lack of previous schooling and lack of records. She'll start with the other kids her age, no advanced classes, but you'll need to talk to her teachers about being mute so that their expectations are realistic." I said, handing him the folder.
The only other thing she had on her was her backpack on her back, but I had no idea what was in there, I imagined if it had been clothes or something useful she'd have gotten into it by now.

#73 2016-07-10 00:36:34

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I nodded, taking the paperwork.
"Better than nothing. We'll keep in touch," I said and shook Jane's hand. "Come on Laine, let's take a tour of the town." I stepped back and opened up the passenger door for her.

E'ya stu rezku.

#74 2016-07-10 00:51:41

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Elaine:
A tour? Did he really think this was like a fun vacation for me??
I drew in a long breath before continuing forward with my bags.
Might as well get it over with.

River:
I went down to the post office, happy to have finally received a letter back.
Starting to read it before heading back to the tavern where my parents and I were staying, I ended up taking my time as I pondered over her letter.
I couldn't imagine being in her position and it seemed that everyone was trying to convince her nothing would change, but so many things already had.
The midday air was a tad warmer as I strolled through the busy streets, if only I could be there for her, I was truly at a loss for words, what could  I possibly write back to this?
After a few hours I came back to the tavern.
Mom was gambling and winning, dad was in the corner arm wrestling men three times his size.
I came up behind my mother, hands on her shoulders.
"After you finish this hand, I think we need to talk." I said.
"Whatever you say dearie." She mumbled around the cigarette in her mouth.
She had four aces, these guys didn't stand a chance.
I left the table and ordered some beer for mom and dad, they'd need to drink to this probably.
Dad lost another round and moved out for someone else, rubbing his shoulder.
"Boy am I going to be sore tomorrow." He said, taking the beer I offered him.
I guided him over to an empty table as mom came over.
"So, what's on your mind son?" Mom asked, sitting down next to dad.
They sat close, holding hands, obviously anticipating something much worse than what Ii was actually going to tell them.
"I'm leaving, going off on my own, at least for a few years." I said.
Their faces blanked and I waited for a reaction.
They looked at each other then sighed with relief and laughed.
"It's about time." They laughed.
"What? Really? I thought you've be sad." I said, somewhat confused.
"River, we knew eventually you'd want to strike out on your own, we're just surprised it took you this long." Mom said.
"So you're saying you wish I had left sooner?" I chuckled.
"Of course not son, but you've been an adult longer than most, we know you'll be fine." Dad smiled, proud.
"Where is it you wish to go?" Mom asked curious.
"Springville, Montana. My pen pal there, things are pretty bad right now and I want to be there for support. I can manage public school and work to keep my own place, so I technically haven't graduated by the USA's standards, so I can finish out my last two years there." I said.
They smiled, both very proud.
"We support you no matter what and we hope you'll accept our gift to help you get started." Mom said, handing me the large fanny pack of cash she had one just tonight.
"Of course mother." I smiled.
"When do you leave River?" My dad asked.
"I'm going to pack tonight, leave tomorrow. I want to get there and get settled so I'm ready for class on the first day." I said, having it all figured out.

#75 2016-07-10 00:57:38

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I let her put her own bags in the back, assuming she wanted to keep hold of them herself.
I nodded to Jane and the police officer before I hopped in the driver seat. I backed out of the little grocery store parking lot and headed down main street. I pointed at a few things as we passed.
"And this is the high school. The middle and elementary schools are in neighbouring towns," I explained

E'ya stu rezku.

Adverts

Board footer