Just a Forum

You are not logged in.

Adverts

#26 2016-07-09 08:47:39

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Re: Lily & Amberrrr

Maddy:
"How did she get all your personal information Michael? You said it was simply a fling, some name exchanging and spending way too much inappropriate time together!"
"'Did you or did you not give her that information for her to come at some point? What that part of the plan when she left for where the fuckever Africa?" I asked.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale
“If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation.”

2016-07-09 08:47:39

AdBot
Advertisements

#27 2016-07-09 08:48:52

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I swallowed hard, I didn't want this to be the end... again. I hesitated before nodding, not looking at her.

E'ya stu rezku.
Tell me about the story where the Sun loved the Moon so much
He died every night to let Her breathe.

I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together, then it's beautiful.

#28 2016-07-09 08:50:36

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
"Ahhh!!" I screamed for a split second.
"I knew it, goddamn it I knew it Michael. It was always more than some business fling, it meant something to you! Didn't it!" I wanted him to admit it.
I wanted him to admit that when he confessed what he had done he had still lied to me at the same time.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale

#29 2016-07-09 08:54:45

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
"Not in the way you think it did," I walked over to the pantry, pulling out my bottle of bourbon.

Katrina:
"What do you mean you went out with Nixon?" I stood up and stared at Kaydense. She bit her lower lip, causing a flush of colour to return to her full lips. "Oh come on, you all know how charming he can be." We all stared at her in silence, Clarissa's horse snorting in protest. 
She threw her hands up flustered, "whatever. It was a one time thing and it was the best date I'd ever been on."
I exchanged looks with Beth.
"All right," i said. "Spill."

E'ya stu rezku.

I do my thing and you do your thing. You are you and I am I. And if in the end we end up together, then it's beautiful.

#30 2016-07-09 08:59:14

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
I bit the inside of my cheek, slowly calming down and trying to refrain from yelling anymore.
"Michael, we cannot take her." I sighed calmly.
"This kid is probably a total mess, you know nothing about her and you didn't know anything about her mother after she left, not to mention we only have two more years with Katrina. She is our daughter and we have to think about how this will effect her, she doesn't need to be dealing with some accident sister she has from your affair and the problems it will cause her in school because of it. Nothing good would ever come of bringing her here." I said.

#31 2016-07-09 09:04:17

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I took a sip of my drink, feeling the burn all the way down my throat.
"Who are we to deny a child of a full life Madeline? This will affect Katrina no matter what we do. Nothing stays a secret in this town for long."

E'ya stu rezku.

#32 2016-07-09 09:09:11

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
"Because her mother chose to keep her a secret from you, for whatever reason that might be she only has two years, why not let her stay where her home is? That'd be like ripping Kat away from us and sticking her with a family on the other side of the county, it'd be too rough."
"This is more than just about the secret getting out, this is about bringing a trouble maker into this house who will turn out lives upside down and the entire town would cast us out, not wanting to be associated with someone like her. You've never met her, she's never met you, why would these two years possibly be worth all the trouble and hassle."

#33 2016-07-09 09:14:30

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
"Because she didn't ask for this. I fu*ked up and she was the result of that. Besides, the social worker said she was a runaway, she doesn't have much of a home in New York if she kept trying to escape and there's no where here for her to go. How about a month? What if we bring her here for a month, see how it goes, how she does and go from there?" I was responsible for this mess, I couldn't bare a child going through life completely alone. There were too many homeless and lost children in this world as it was. I owed this to her, to myself. To Madeline, whether she chose to see it or not.

E'ya stu rezku.

#34 2016-07-09 09:18:30

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
"Michael, I can understand you want to make up for your wrong doings, but this is not the way to do it. And what if it doesn't work out? What if it's too much for is, what if she gets worse here? You really think she wants to live with some father she's never met and his wife and daughter?? Honey, we can't take her, okay? The state of New York is more equip to help her than us and it's the city, we both know she has a lot more opportunities there then she does here." I said, trying to convince him otherwise.
I didn't want that child here reminding me of the affair all the time.
"Do you really think our marriage will survive that constant reminder of the affair?" I finally asked.

#35 2016-07-09 09:22:59

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I finished the rest of my bourbon, feeling a slight rush.
"Ya, well I told that social worker I'd give her a call to go over her file anyways," I said, moving out of the kitchen.

E'ya stu rezku.

#36 2016-07-09 09:25:41

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Maddy:
"To go over the files, get whatever it is you want to know about her and then let it go so we can get back to our lives." I said.
At this rate, our marriage would not survive when Katrina left the house.

Do you want to skip to his meeting with the social worker?

Last edited by *Monsters_Momma* (2016-07-09 09:26:02)

#37 2016-07-09 09:30:06

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

sure

Katrina:
Eventually I was content enough to open the presents my friends had gotten me and then it was time for them to go. Originally Clarissa was going to spend the night but she understood when I asked her to go. She gave me one final hug before leaving and I was alone again. I gathered all my presents and brought them up to my room. Tomorrow I would go and check the mail. River's reply to my last letter should be in and lord knows I needed that right now.

E'ya stu rezku.

#38 2016-07-09 09:32:20

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Social Worker:
I received a call from Mr. Harper early that morning and was now on my way to meet him in town with all the information I had on Laine.
Reaching the small diner he had described, I grabbed all my binders and headed inside.
I found him at a table already sipping on some coffee.
"Hello Mr. Harper." I said, sitting down.
Hopefully today would not be as disastrous as the day before.

#39 2016-07-09 09:34:58

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I nodded and greeted her.
"Would you like some coffee?" I asked her. I had been here for ten minutes already, trying to prepare myself.

**Okay, gonna get a few hours of sleep lol.

E'ya stu rezku.

#40 2016-07-09 09:41:05

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Social Worker:
"No, I'm actually just ready to get to work on this. It took since her mother's death to get everything together and set up. I've been Laine's case worker since she was seven, Mr. Harper and I've never felt more committed to securing a future for one of these kids than I have Laine." I admitted.
"I knew Caroline's parents, before they passed away, and Caroline before things changed so I'm pretty privileged to know as much as I do about her life before she became a ward of the state." I said.
"I'm sure you have a lot of questions, so why don't we just start with you asking me anything you want to know and I'll answer what I can."

Alrighty, I need to get some rest myself. lol Night

#41 2016-07-09 13:05:22

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I shifted uncomfortably, watching some left over coffee grounds swirl around in my cup.
"What happened with Caroline?" I asked suddenly. It honestly was the biggest question, biggest worry. She was so full of life when I met her. So full of wonder, of desire. Drugs? After everything she had seen and done to provide a life to people like that, I was shocked.

Last edited by Breaking_Moon (2016-07-09 13:06:07)

E'ya stu rezku.

#42 2016-07-09 17:40:19

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Jane (Social Worker):
I sighed.
"Well, um, your wife had mentioned something about her having your address, I don't know exactly what your plan had been for when she came back, but after she was released from her aid work over in Africa she came home and I helped her clean up the house, five years left that huge place a dust mansion." I sighed, remembered it clearly.
"I offered to take her and Elaine out the upcoming weekend, but she told me she had been waiting a long time to be able to come back and-and....have Elaine meet her father." I said a bit uncomfortably.
I didn't want to make him feel bad by telling him, but I said I'd answer what I knew, and maybe, just maybe he would help Elaine out as a result.
"She came much sooner than she said she was and that's when she wasn't the same anymore. As a matter of fact, it's when I think I saw the first change in Elaine too, when her mom stopped smiling so did she. I don't know what happened when she came here, but whatever it was must've been too much for her. People like Caroline, they're almost fragile, you know? They're so happy and full of life that when they're hit hard with something close to them it's the end, which funny considering she'd been working medical and aid relief over there in the desert for so many years. I think she only held on as long as she did for Elaine, but like I said I saw the first change in Elaine at this time as well, so I think that might be why it only took a year of cooping herself up in that house with her that she finally turned to street drugs."
"Her family money? It only lasted two years before she lost house for not paying the property taxes and it was shortly after that I was assigned to be Elaine's case worker. Caroline was on drugs, she had moved in with a bunch of other women in their children and....she started prostituting to feed her addiction and save up just enough money to get her own place with Elaine as part of the conditions to get her back. Although, we never had Elaine to begin with, she's a mastermind at things, always knew when and where we were going to try to catch her. I didn't find out about her being involved with the Snakes until a good friend of mine down at the station turned one of their mid level gang members an informant who was able to give us a lot of information on Elaine. I don't know why Elaine wouldn't stay home with Caroline, she visited but not often. I saw Caroline a lot at this time, trying to help her meet the courts conditions to get Elaine back, she wasn't herself and been trying to stay alive to be brought out of her own misery, but it never happened and she gave up. Elaine visits for sure an entire month out of the year, always November 3rd to December 3rd, I assume the dates must've been special to Caroline. The only other time we knew for sure she visited her was on her birthday. That's when she did it, June 30th, on her birthday. She must've planned to be dead before Elaine got there, but it was Elaine who dialed emergency services, but Elaine's selectively mute Mr. Harper, so she didn't speak and they delayed sending emergency services right away. The coronor assured me that someone could've been there when she over dosed and nothing could've been done, she was an experienced drug user and knew exactly how much she needed to guarantee that no amount of medical intervention would save her."
"I don't want to say Caroline planned it this way, to have you contacted about Elaine, but her few belongings were packed when emergency services arrived. All her important documents including this will left out on the counter with a stack of of letters addressed to you. They were old letters, probably written 15 years ago, Elaine took off with them whenever officers tried to take her in though. I assume she must've known what was in the letters and didn't want me, you, or anyone else looking at them." I sighed, my fingers stressfully pushing all my papers to align them together.
"You know Caroline was really involved and donated to the city and people like the one she became, it was a shock to everyone who knew her. No one but Elaine really knows what happened when they left New York for here. Maybe she changed her mind or something and couldn't ever get it over it. I just know when she came back neither her and Elaine were the same anymore."

#43 2016-07-09 20:21:41

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I swallowed. She came here, ten years ago?
"Once I returned home from New York, we stopped talking. I stopped answering her, I never thought she would still come. She must have seen what I had here. She never knew," I explained. I sighed, poor Caroline. She was kind and compassionate, she was fragile and I was the one that broke her.
"What makes you think Elaine will do well here? Especially if she's been on the streets and in a gang. This isn't exactly like New York, people here talk more. Know more," I said glancing around the small diner. I knew 90% of the people in this place.

Katrina:
I rode my horse into town. The beauty of a small place where everyone knew everyone. It wasn't the strangest site to have a girl riding bareback into town. I rubbed Aryaan's nose before I headed up the steps to the small post office. I smiled at a couple people getting their mail and once I made it to the front counter my package and letter were already waiting.
"It's much bigger than I imagined," I said out loud. "Frank chuckled, must be the birthday gift. How was your sweet sixteen?" he asked, grabbing some more letters and put them on top for me.
I shrugged, "as good as any sweet sixteen, I guess," I mumbled. Frank eyed me but let it go.
"Tell your folks I say hi," I nodded and gathered my things into my bag and headed out. Aryaan stood there, bobbing her head and snorting at the visitor's petting her. I greeted the owners of the local grocery market before I swung myself back up and turned Aryaan back home. Eager to see what was in the extra large package River sent.

E'ya stu rezku.

#44 2016-07-09 20:40:20

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Jane:
"That's the point, she needs to get out of there. Most kinds in the system, like Elaine, they can never get out of the cycle, they never have that chance." I said, pulling out a few sheets.
"Elaine's attended the adult learning classes at a center for the homeless, something the informant told us. These were the results of her tests." I said.
"She's brilliant, most of it self taught too. She's scoring above average intelligence, she reads above a college level, and she's a very talented painter."  I said, sliding over the sheets of photographs of her work.
"Caroline was a photographer, you know, Elaine has that same gift for capturing the moment, just through painting. Most of her paintings are on buildings or public walkways, but some of these are from the informant, things she did on canvas." I said.
"I won't lie to you Mr. Harper, Elaine is troubled, very troubled, but she has what it takes to make something with her life. In New York, she'll never know or get to use that potential, it'll waste away. She's in one of the worst gangs in New York and they're in the middle of a gang war, I worry if she doesn't turn to drugs like her mother, that she'll end up dead from the gang violence instead. She's been very fortunate this far, she's been in the gang for 8 years now, but ths gang war is the worst so far. She needs a safe community to live in where other people can help keep an eye on her. She's never had a normal life, she was born in Africa and lived there in that life until Caroline came back when she want on leave. Then Caroline turned to drugs and she lost the only parent she ever knew and has been taking care of herself since then, it's time someone took care of her for once and let her have a normal life with a family, school, a community not riddled by gang violence, drugs, and poverty." I said.

#45 2016-07-09 20:46:45

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
I looked over all the paper work, the high tests scores, brilliant essay's and the paintings.
I smiled, "I remember Caroline's work fondly. Katrina draws, they could bond over that..." i said trailing off.
I gathered the paper work back up and slipped it into it's folder, holding on to it.
"I need to convince my wife of this. Even if I can get her here, it's better than there. Even if she's not living with us. Will you still be working with us to help Elaine?' I asked

E'ya stu rezku.

#46 2016-07-09 20:52:01

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Jane:
"Of course, because she's still part of the system we would give a trial run before we allow you to take custody of her, you would have to prove to the courts that this is a better environment and that  she's getting better, not worse." I said.

#47 2016-07-09 20:59:00

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
"I could do trial run," my mind world around the idea. Maddy was going to kill me. I was more than likely getting a divorce... I could I ask this of the love of my life, to take in another woman's child, a child I spawned because I was unfaithful.
"Bring her here, I'll wire the money you need to get her here and a new wardrobe. This isn't going to be easy," I warned her.

Katrina:
I sat out in the middle of the field, Aryaan grazing quitely nearby, swatting flies away with her tail. I shoved my other pen pal letters and family mail away and torn open River's letter.
I grinned at the boy vs girl sweet sixteen. Well he would soon find out that it wasn't so sweet either. I sighed, setting the letter down. Why should I even tell him? What would he think of this whining little girl who had yet another problem in her spoiled little life. I picked at the tape, getting the box to reveal it's contents to me and gasped at the site of fur. This must have cost a fortune. It was soft and smelled of the cleaner and preserve they used to keep the fur soft and tied to the leather. Despite the hot air I pulled on the jacket and breathed everything in. If I knew Russia, I'm sure it smelled of it.

E'ya stu rezku.

#48 2016-07-09 21:02:11

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Jane:
"When would you like me to bring her?" I asked.
Ii would be going  back later today and hopefully catching her at her mother's funeral, she'd be hard to hang onto for long though.

#49 2016-07-09 21:08:00

Breaking_Moon
*Winchester*

Michael:
"Well, whenever she is ready to. I mean, I would like her to want to come here but I have a feeling she won't want anything to do with me."
It was probably best for her to come right away. I was just going to have to deal with Madeline the best I could. Katrina was a tough girl, my daughter and she would do me proud and I would make sure she still had everything she had today, still had her life.

E'ya stu rezku.

#50 2016-07-09 21:10:51

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Jane:
I nodded and looked at my watch.
"Well, I better be going, otherwise I'll miss my plane back. I'll have to do some paperwork, but I could bring her back here in about two, three days? I'll call you when I'm ready."  I said, gathering my stuff.

Adverts

Board footer