TNTS

Just a Forum

You are not logged in.

Adverts

#576 2016-03-29 14:18:49

Jess

Re: Lily & Jess

~Robbie~
"Yeah! You do that!" I agreed. "And if you need someone to proof read your letter, I'm your man."
Ms. Gutierrez arrived, and ordered that the chattering cease. She had a long lecture prepared for us today.

~Xavier~
"Why do we even need groups? It's a math class, for Christ's sake," I muttered sourly. I had to work with Aimee in this class, and a fucking Amish girl in my science class. As if I didn't hate working with people already.

2016-03-29 14:18:49

AdBot
Advertisements

#577 2016-03-29 20:45:10

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

lmao Poor X, life is so rough. ahaha

June:
I attempted to eat my food quietly, only crinkling the bag to dump the crumbs into my mouth and open a new bag.

Blythe:
As I did last week I heavily took notes on everything, so I had it all for later.
I was beginning to wonder why I even had a textbook when pretty much everything required having notes from the lecture.
I had spent much of the weekend taking notes from all the books I had gotten to help me with Biochem, so after a few minutes the cramping in my hand was horrid again.

Aimee:
My smirk slowly faded and I looked away as Ms. Alvarez approached us, standing between X and I's desk.
"Do we have a problem with the way I run this class, Mr. Snow?" She asked, arms behind her back as she looked down at him with a straight face.

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale
“If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation.”

#578 2016-03-29 22:46:40

Jess

~Xavier~
I narrowed my eyes, standing up so I was towering over her. I would not be spoken to that way by some mediocre math teacher.
"You better hope that I don't," I countered coldly.
My parents were good friends with the school board, thanks to their large yearly donations. My parents had paid for the building we were standing in. She'd better realize who she was talking to before it cost her her job. If only she knew I could have her life taken too.

#579 2016-03-30 22:39:19

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evan:
Xavier had seemed like a pretty chill, typical guy...until now.
There was something about his tone, like he knew he had some pull around here, that or someone close to him did.
This quick change of demeanor now had him on my radar..
"Well...just keep your complaints to yourself, Mr. Snow." She nodded, heading back to her desk to start class.
"And sit back down please."

Aimee:
I relaxed into my chair and simply rolled my eyes.
X should not be so confident in his way of life, because one day it might not be there to back him up.
As long as he never got like that with me on the job, we wouldn't have a problem, but if there's one thing James taught me it's that you are beholden to none.
I lived my life by that belief.

Last edited by *Monsters_Momma* (2016-03-31 02:18:15)

"The pieces of my broken heart are so small they could be passed through the eye of a needle."-Roland, A Knight's Tale

#580 2016-03-31 20:47:45

Jess

~Xavier~
I stared her down until she had returned to her seat before returning to my own. It only took me seconds to revert back to my typical demeanor.

#581 2016-03-31 21:32:58

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Aimee:
Evan seemed truly surprised by X's sudden change in character, I guess to someone who didn't know him it would be a bit shocking.

Evan:
She started her lecture as she passed out a packet of papers to each group.
At first it looked like she just had way too many for this class, but when the packet hit Aimee's desk, I realized that the packets had a lot more papers than it seemed and as Aimee flipped through it, I realized they were front and back papers.
No wonder we needed a group, you'd need a group three to even have a chance at finishing before class was over.

#582 2016-03-31 23:50:53

Jess

~Xavier~
Once we were given the okay to get to work, I began scribbling away on my packet, blatantly ignoring Aimee and Ivan. They would only slow me down.

#583 2016-04-01 00:13:56

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evan:
Aimee got to work on her packet right away too and I started on mine, only getting through a few problems before it was taking me longer and longer to do them.
I heard the scrape of a desk and Aimee's desk clanked mine.
I opened my mouth to say something and she pulled her papers from the stapled packet and laid them on my desk as she went back work.

Aimee:
"Just make sure you show the work." I said.
Not that  I had been in school since I got emancipated, but even that many years ago all they cared about was showing your work and nothing had change.d

#584 2016-04-01 20:15:17

Jess

~Xavier~
I became absorbed in my work, breezing through the pages in no time. Math was one of my strongest subjects, I'd never had any trouble with it. Boring subjects like English were much harder though.
I finished my packet and sat back to look at the time. There was still about ten minutes left in class.

#585 2016-04-02 00:56:13

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Aimee:
I finished through it, waiting for Evan to finish.
I had seen his first few problems and they had been wrong, like really wrong.
Despite his shitty Math skills, he was a very quick writer.
Which was good, because I had to walk all the way across campus to get to my Humanities class and couldn't afford to wait even a second after class for him to finish.
Not that  I thought Mr.  Calhoun would really care if  I was late, especially if I had a legitimate excuse, but if I wanted my seat I'd better be the first one in there.

Evan:
I quickly scribbled down the work and answers from Aimee's papers.
"Thanks." I said, truly gratefully.
"You're terrible at this stuff." Aimee said, popping a mint into her mouth.
"I know, it's never been my strong suit, you're pretty good though, never pegged you as a Math wiz." I said.
Of course, just about anyone who could do this stuff well was a Math genius to me.
She chuckled.
"I didn't finish school and get emancipated at sixteen because I slacked off. I'm no Math wiz, I've just busted my ass to learn it and keep myself fresh on it. As you probably already know, you'll never use any of this crap in your life. And, no thanks to Xavier, you'll score great on the in class group stuff, which will help you a lot in here. She doesn't give us the in classwork to improve our Math skills, it goes toward the grade." She said.

#586 2016-04-02 01:10:38

Jess

~Xavier~
"You're not helping him by cheating," I informed Aimee in response to her 'no thanks to Xavier' comment. Group work or not, he hadn't done a lick of work because of her. Tests were fifty percent of our grade, whereas class assignments were a measly ten percent. Ivan wouldn't learn a thing with Aimee giving him the answers, and if he cheated on an exam he would most likely get kicked out of the class.
"You can pat yourself on the back when you actually teach him something."

#587 2016-04-05 05:31:59

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Aimee:
"We get these papers back  Wednesday if he has the correct work and correct answer, it'll be a good study material for him for the exam. "
"Besides, it's group work so it's not cheating." I said.

Evan:
I chuckled.
"First time I'll be able to use my own stuff to figure out how I got the right answer." I said.
There were so many ways to get the wrong answer, so using my own screwed up work and answer had never been a good tool to help me figure out how to actually do it and be able to see how I got the right answer.
"Well that's assuming your answers are right." I said to Aimee.
"Gee, have a little faith will you." Aimee chuckled, gathering the papers together so she could restaple them before turning them n.
The teacher stood, announcing class was over and to turn our papers in on her desk before leaving.

#588 2016-04-05 23:47:50

Jess

~Xavier~
It wouldn't be good study material. He wouldn't be able to learn from the mistakes he had made. And who's to say he would even understand Aimee's work?
"Yeah, his paper with all of your work and your answers. You should never take a learning opportunity away from another student, even if that means them failing."

#589 2016-04-06 02:47:27

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Aimee:
"Hmm, if you're so wise, why didn't you attempt to help him. The point of group work is to work together, at least I noticed he needed assistance." I said.

Evan:
You could feel the disagreement between them in the air.
Two very dominant personalities with two very different views.
"Okay, why don't we all agree to disagree on this whole thing?" I asked them.
I wouldn't ever be able to get any stuff on Aimee through this class if this kind of tension continued.

#590 2016-04-06 03:11:21

Jess

~Xavier~
"He's an adult," I pointed out, because apparently she couldn't figure that out on her own. "If he needed my help, he could have asked."
"Okay, why don't we all agree to disagree on this whole thing?" Ivan interrupted.
"Whatever you say," I replied dismissively, turning to walk away. "I have a class to get to."

#591 2016-04-06 03:18:53

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Aimee:
"You pretty much made it clear you weren't wanting to do it as a group, why would he bother asking you." I said, gathering my things and standing.

Evan:
Jesus, what was their deal?
"Okay, seriously, it's not amusing anymore." I said, as I stood.
My real personality was starting to show through at this point, their back and forth was getting on my nerves and if not undercover I would've told them both to shut up already.

#592 2016-04-06 03:28:58

Jess

~Xavier~
I simply ignored the both of them. The discussion had already ended, but Aimee, of course, kept pushing it. No wonder she couldn't realize that Ivan was an adult, she hardly was one herself.

#593 2016-04-06 03:54:11

*Monsters_Momma*
MonsterandSealy

Evan:
We all left and for once I was truly relieved.
I hoped to god it wasn't going to be like this all the time, I couldn't really afford to make enemies with either of them, and Xavier might potentially help me get information out of Aimee through general conversation.
It was obviously from the first day they knew each other from somewhere, so maybe if Aimee was up to no good, he at least knew about it or would accidentally give me information that could help me find out more about her personal life.
Hmm, I wondered if I'd finally get a report back on Aimee yet.
My request hadn't been denied yet, so hopefully I could be expecting something on her soon.

Aimee:
I headed to Humanities and Ethics, already running a few minutes behind.
When I got to class Blythe and a few others were already there and in their seats.
Thankfully, my seat in the back corner was still open and I took a seat.

June:
I pouted as I walked away from the other vending machine that had slim pickings.
Mostly small packs of gum, thing of mints or tic tacks, and some weird bun things.
I had a few things left over from raiding the other machine, but it'd hardly be enough to keep my crankiness at bay.

Eli:
I left my previous class and headed on my way to Humanities and Ethics, taking the short cut I had discovered last week so I didn't have to rush to make it on time.
Once in class I headed to my seat.
"Morning Aimee, Blythe." I greeted as I sat in my seat behind Blythe.
Aimee simply nodded, seeming a bit over the day already.
Blythe closed her book she had been reading and turned.

Alyce:
I was skipping to Scenic Design when I came across a gloomy June.
"What's wrong June?" I asked, going from a skip to a walk as I reached her side.
"The vending machine had nothing worthwhile." She sighed.
"Like chips, cookies, and that sorta thing?" I asked as we walked into class and to our seats.
"Yep, literally out of them all. There's no way they've refilled it since I was at it last week." She said, taking out the five small bags from her bag.

Adverts

Board footer