Just a Forum

You are not logged in.

Adverts

#51 2015-07-26 05:17:26

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Re: Wolfie And Nighty

Aithne: I looked out at the port from my spot on deck, taking a quick break from preparing the ship. The docks were bustling with activity, and the market just beyond even more so. The bustle of a port town was always exciting, but it was nice to return to the routine of ship life. I doubted I'd ever be able to return to land life again. Certainly not such a domestic life as was led by my people. any of my people. it was too calm. No. i belonged on the sea. I glanced to the side as movement caught my eye. My sister walked up the board, onto the ship, her arms loaded with supplies. She set them down with the rest of the supplies near the door, to be taken down to the lower decks. I looked back over the town. Some of our crew I could spot, even from here. Taj in particular stood out among the crowds, not only because she was a giant Nethdair among a sea of humans, but because the humans parted widely around her, or even went out of their way to avoid her. And movement behind her stopped as people watched her movements, curious, and more than a little wary. I felt someone walk up beside me, and turned to look up at my sister. Graced with an elvish body, she was quite a bit taller than me, with my shorter, more human like body. I probably only came up to her shoulder. I knew what she was thinking. "You don't have to come with us you know." I said, in the tongue of our people. "You can stay here, on land, where you're more comfortable. Go home, where your heart calls." I said. It was something I seemed to say at every port.

Avalbane: I stood silently for a moment. "Maybe at the next doc." I responded. Aithne gave a small nod, and we both went our separate ways, back to our jobs. Maybe one day I would go home. But I wasn't ready to leave my younger sister just yet. Perhaps it was a bias father had raised me with, but I felt like i needed to protect my sister from her mortal side. Or perhaps that is how it started out. Now I had been so long with my sister as my only family, I knew how I would miss her if we were ever separated. Though my heart ached for home, it ached more at the thought of leaving my sister. No. I would stay. Though the ocean didn't call to me as it did her. I went back down to the dock to get the rest of the supplies.

Coren: Caspian and I had gone for our morning swim. I felt refreshed and clean. I pulled myself up onto the little seat attached to two ropes and pulled another, smaller rope, which rang a bell up on deck. after a moment of waiting, I felt the familiar jerk as the ropes began pulling me up in my little swing. this side of the boat was away from most of the traffic on the dock, so not so many people would see me, but there were still a few sailors around. One stared at me, mouth hanging open, as i was pulled up. I winked at him, then went back to my own business. When I reached the top, a pair of hands expertly pulled me off my seat and lay me quickly but gently on the deck. I smiled up at Astor, who towered over me where I sat on deck. The person who had been closest to the ropes when I'd rung the bell had happened to be one of the mates of the ship. "Thank you." I said. I reached for the cloths hanging near the side of the deck, and pulled the one over my chest. I'd learned that nakedness made people uncomfortable, and tried to be as considerate as I could, while still keeping comfort for myself. The strip of fabric holding my chest did it's job well enough. I sat and waited for my tail to dry off.

Caspian: I didn't want to leave the water yet. The salty water filled my pores and made me feel strong and energized. Not long after I left the water, this feeling would begin to diminish, though not unbearably until roughly the next morning. But I was going to stay in the water as long as possible.

Kiedieve: I avoided going out on land, when I could, and Captain let me. after being rejected by people my whole life, I was wary of them. And my eyes seemed to shine and glow, standing out and drawing immediate attention. It was easiest for everyone if I stayed on the ship. I did inventory when we were leaving port, marking what we had and putting it away, usually with some help. If we were lacking something, I'd be the first to know, and would send someone out to get it. I caused less trouble this way. I climbed up the creaky stairs to grab the next box of supplies. that's when the reptilian body climbed on board. I froze and my heart began to race, just for a moment. it was only Taj. I took a deep breath. No matter how long we knew each other, if I wasn't prepared to see my friend, she would startle me. I grabbed the box and climbed back downstairs, taking deep breaths to slow my heartrate.

Night is now falling, So ends this day, The road is now calling, And I must away.
Over hill and under tree, Through lands where never light has shone, By silver streams that run down to the Sea

And though where the road then takes me, I cannot tell. We came all this way, But now comes the day, To bid you farewell.

"Sometimes It's the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine"-Alan Turing

2015-07-26 05:17:26

AdBot
Advertisements

#52 2015-07-26 05:17:56

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

This is who I'm starting on the ship. I'll add in the others later.

Night is now falling, So ends this day, The road is now calling, And I must away.
Over hill and under tree, Through lands where never light has shone, By silver streams that run down to the Sea

And though where the road then takes me, I cannot tell. We came all this way, But now comes the day, To bid you farewell.

"Sometimes It's the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine"-Alan Turing

#53 2015-07-26 19:21:46

Wolfie)))

(Ok)

Taj: I vaulted up the side of the ship expertly, using my hooked big toe to cling to the wood as I wound my way to the railing. Hooking my large claw over the side, I let go with my hands and spun my torso to look down at my black-scaled brother. I slid my tongue between my lips, relishing the feel as I rolled my tongue ring along my scales.  "Okay!" I called, "toss 'er up!" With one heave he threw the bucket in his hands as hard as he could. I quickly caught it and balanced the heavy container on the rim of the railing. I slid a claw under the tin rim then tugged up. It came loose with a pop, exposing the wreaking, jet-black liquid inside. I pulled the paint brush from the loop in my trousers and dipped it into the thick substance before brushing it along the side of the boat. The pitch would dry in a matter of hours, leaving our boat completely water proof. Below me I could hear my brother popping his can open and starting the process from the lower portion of our vessel. We had already done the lee side of the ship, so we we're half way done.

Grimblade: I adjust the scabbard on my side as I lean against the side of the ship, glancing into the campaign ocean. I can't spot the second mermaid. He must be under the waves regretting the fact that he'd eventually have to be pulled aboard and laid out to dry like his sister on the deck. I hear Taj singing behind me as she primes the ship. The hissing rasps  warbled from her makes my fur prickle. Nethdair make me uncomfortable, no matter how long I had spent with her.

(Think these are the ones I'll start with. We'll pick up Oscar and loose Taj's brother at the same time. Lystor is on a prison ship that looks like a treasure ship. the sisters will hop in later.)

Last edited by Wolfie))) (2015-07-26 19:31:46)

#54 2015-07-27 04:17:48

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Aithne: I grabbed the last of the supplies. "Good. everything is on board." I said, talking to myself more than anyone else. I went down to the lower decks, looking for Kiedieve. "How are we doing down here?" I asked. "everything is accounted for. I think we're just about ready to leave." She said. I nodded. "Good." I said. I went back up to the main deck. I leaned over the side of the rail. "Caspian!" I called. His head popped up out of the water. "Check below the water line one last time for anything even resembling damage. I don't want to get out into the ******** ocean and find damage the hard way." I called he nodded and dove back into the water. We'd found ourselves among a very rocky patch of ocean in a storm, and taken some damage. But it seemed we may have been lucky enough to avoid anything serious.

Coren: My tail dried and turned back into legs. I stood up and grabbed my cloth, pulling it around my hips and tying it loosely.

out of character: we'll name the oceans later. for now, *********** will do

#55 2015-07-29 20:53:37

Wolfie)))

Taj: I quickly pick my way down the side of the ship, using a paintbrush in each hand and one in my flexible tail. This way I can get the work done three times as quickly as any human. My brother, however, is not as keen to get back to the open water as I am and even less keen on doing his chores so he lethargically sways with his single paintbrush halfheartedly. He had always been whiny about obligatory work and being on the ship hadn't made a difference. I was thrilled to be depended upon to do labor. Growing up as I had, I was expected to cook and clean the house, painting tar onto a ship was out of the question; too masculine. I sink my raptor claw a little lower in the ship, knowing the Captain will pull my scales if she finds out I'm dinging up her baby.  By now I'm almost head height with my brother. Despite being from the same brood, I am already a good head and shoulders taller than he is. This is normal for Nathdiars: females are bigger tan males. Despite that, I am still considered short for a female, and my brother is dwarfed by others of our species. I keep singing in my native tongue and run the paintbrush in my tail over my brother's snout.

Grimblade: I listen to Taj's hissing descend downwards until it turns into a scuffle with her brother, meaning the ship's been primed. I turned to see Aithne call over the railing to her shipmate and I nod, knowing she has sent him on yet another damage search. The young halfbreed is shaping up to be a very fine mate indeed.
"Aithne!" I call to her, "Did Kedeive give ye a status report un supplies? Taj an' her brozer have tarred the ship and once Caspian pulls up we'z be just about ready t' be on our merry way."

#56 2015-07-29 20:54:31

Wolfie)))

(Don't worry Aithne, we'll get out to the ******* ocean eventually xD)

#57 2015-07-30 14:20:35

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Aithne: I turned to him and nodded. "Everything is accounted for. we can leave as soon as this ships ready too." I said.

Caspian: After looking over the ship for the third time, I popped back up above the surface. "All looks well down here!" He called

#58 2015-07-30 14:22:43

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

young halfbreed? haha. She's older than Grimblade, in number of years. Though she's still pretty young her to species. hahaha. just made me laugh to think about.

#59 2015-07-31 20:40:51

Wolfie)))

Taj: I hear the others calling to the mate, and I give my brother a kick in the face before hollering myself "Gung ho!"

Grimblade: Nods at the responses of his shipmates and turns to Aithne. "Let us go tell ze Capt'n we're ready. Coren, pull your brother up, will you?"

(he's the dad character, everyone's young to him!)

#60 2015-08-01 23:10:18

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Hehehehe. Yeah.

Coren: I nodded and went over to the pulley system. Caspien was waiting on the seat. I began pulling him up.

Aithne: I went with Gimblade to see Captain

#61 2015-08-05 04:47:50

Wolfie)))

Grimblade: Captain, we are ready for launch.

#62 2015-08-05 16:39:36

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Captain: I glanced up at them from the map I was looking over. "Set sail. Get out to open waters. Then turn south." I said.

#63 2015-08-12 04:12:47

Wolfie)))

Grimblade: Yes, Cap'in. *bows and takes his leave* Hei, Nethdairs, yer on der sails, I want the main canvas t' the wind, Caspian, did ya see any obstacles under ther water line?

Taj: *jumps into action, slamming into the main mast and volting her way up it, her brother close behind her.

#64 2015-08-12 04:19:43

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Caspian: "two lengths out it seems a cargo boat lost plenty of their barrels. It appears no one has been able to clean them up yet. I'd avoid them. Might damage the hull.

#65 2015-08-13 18:38:16

Wolfie)))

Grimblade: Taj, ready t' veer Leeward. Aithne, you want to take control of the rudder?

#66 2015-08-13 19:42:36

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Aithne: I smiled. "I'd love to!" I said. I grabbed my water jug.

#67 2015-08-19 04:21:32

Wolfie)))

Grimblade: Right, Keep 'n mind the wreck.

#68 2015-08-19 04:33:36

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Aithne: I nodded. I was focused on my task. Grimblade had certain things that he didn't like others to be in charge of. Steering through a difficult situation was one he'd only ever do himself.

#69 2015-08-19 05:58:51

Wolfie)))

Grimblade: Taj, be ready for Aithne's command!
Taj: Yeah, yeah, whatever.

#70 2015-08-19 15:22:24

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Aithne: "alright. Lets set sail." I called.

#71 2015-08-22 22:01:03

Wolfie)))

Taj: *pulls heavily at the rope she's holding, unfolding the sail* All set!

#72 2015-08-24 14:36:13

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Aithne: the anchors were lifted. "Off we go!"

#73 2015-08-25 22:59:01

Wolfie)))

Taj: *drops a coil of rope on Caspian* Hey, fish boy! Presume there's a ship we're already targeting?

#74 2015-08-28 21:55:26

12TimeTraveler
The Unknown Avenger
Website

Caspian: "not to my knowledge. I assumed we'd wait until we were further out to sea, away from authorities."

#75 2015-08-29 00:07:36

Wolfie)))

Taj: *Laughs* You never know the Captain, crafty vixen she is! I heard there was a treasure galleon headed to a port off the cliffs with a motherload on deck!
Grimblade: You're doing very well, AIthne. Tell me when you get tired.

Adverts

Board footer