Adverts

• Index
  •  » Twilight
  •  » Burning Sun [Nessie's Story] Rated PG-13 [with some Mature content]

#826 2009-02-28 05:51:09

Forever&&Always

Re: Burning Sun [Nessie's Story] Rated PG-13 [with some Mature content]

lol...cool.
srry i dont mean to like...act like a fangirl.
but i had no school today and i have monday off...
so like four day weekend...lol
im goin nuts lol.

I think you should wear a condom on your head, i mean if you're gonna act like a dick you might as well dress like one...
All I have is all of me- ♥the Rocket Summer♥
I'd rather just be alone, if I'd known that I can't have you- ♥Jonas Brothers♥

2009-02-28 05:51:09

AdBot
Advertisements

#827 2009-02-28 06:01:33

Fire
Flame of Udûn

Ah, lucky.
This following week is exam week. -.-
Not fun at all.

,**  **,
*   *   *             Rawr ?!            My fanfic - Burning Sun
  *    *                     Skeptics are FREE!

#828 2009-02-28 14:26:14

Forever&&Always

lol, yea.
i got o all year round school...and i have march off, so like all my testing was last week and this week.
and then i got the ACT coming up...man that's gonna be a *****<< i did that myself lol

I think you should wear a condom on your head, i mean if you're gonna act like a dick you might as well dress like one...

#829 2009-02-28 15:03:09

rose

I hope you do get it posted this weekend Fire, I've been going crazy waiting...:)

"I am here with you, reach out for my hand and feel me...let me feel you..."

#830 2009-02-28 15:11:33

*ImmortalChild*

Fire wrote:

Yes, I'm a sophpmore.

I will post the next chapter once I finish it. xD I have like the beginnings of two different chapters done: one that continues on with the story in Nessie's POV and the other in Jake's POV. I'm still unsure which one I should do first.

And thanks for catching that, Twifan Fanatic.
-grumbles-
Damn typos. xP

DUDE! are yew from MI?????
cuz it says ur from the mitten state

"I will TOTALLY jump on that" - hahaha my bf said tha
Life sucks, and then you die.
~Jacob
Oh My Edward!!!!

#831 2009-02-28 16:32:42

Fire
Flame of Udûn

Yeah, I am =]

,**  **,

#832 2009-02-28 16:36:52

edward.cullen.can.shine

heyy fire, do you like roleplay?

#833 2009-02-28 17:39:08

vampiress
└BI QUEEN┐
Website

*yawns*
i juz woke up and the first thing i did was chek for a new chapter

Google yourself throughly and this beloved website will pop out.
I spent the last minute trying to figure out how to delete this embarrassing account but failed, and I am not willing to waste any more of my precious seconds on such useless things, so this will do. Goodbye, faceless person. You're Cool. 

<3

#834 2009-02-28 17:41:13

*ImmortalChild*

Fire wrote:

Yeah, I am =]

sweet   same here!
like where in michigan?

if you dont mind me askin

"I will TOTALLY jump on that" - hahaha my bf said tha
Life sucks, and then you die.
~Jacob
Oh My Edward!!!!

#835 2009-02-28 22:19:29

Fire
Flame of Udûn

Western coast
Yourself?

Roleplay? Not particularly.

,**  **,

#836 2009-02-28 22:41:42

Anethum
Website

I DEMAND MOAR.

You are the Aerosmith to my Run DMC

#837 2009-02-28 22:51:01

Fire
Flame of Udûn

THUMPER DID YOU LIKE

,**  **,

#838 2009-02-28 22:51:38

Anethum
Website

IF I DID NOT LIKE, WHY WOULD I BE DEMANDING MORE?

#839 2009-02-28 22:54:13

Fire
Flame of Udûn

CUZ YOU'RE WEIRD LIKE THAT AT TIMES

=D

,**  **,

#840 2009-02-28 23:01:02

Anethum
Website

WHATEVER YOU THINK FLAMEY.

#841 2009-02-28 23:02:04

Fire
Flame of Udûn

Lol.

Flamey.

xD

,**  **,

#842 2009-02-28 23:02:19

Fire
Flame of Udûn

Proof of your weirdness.

-nodnod-

,**  **,

#843 2009-02-28 23:11:14

Anethum
Website

xD

Write maor plz.

#844 2009-02-28 23:12:03

Fire
Flame of Udûn

I write.

I don't like.

I re-write. =D

,**  **,

#845 2009-02-28 23:17:14

Anethum
Website

Hahaha. That's the same with me, except I never tried to write a Twilight fan fic. I'd love to, though. Just to develop the characters that no one knows anything about and make them mine.

#846 2009-03-01 01:28:17

Fire
Flame of Udûn

You should try one.

,**  **,

#847 2009-03-01 01:36:26

Sunset*[s.y.d]
M O N S T E R S &Lies.

hehe. I snuck on.
MORE! :D

#848 2009-03-01 01:41:30

A7Xfan1129
<3kcullen<3
Website

when will you post more on ur ff Sunset*[s.y.d]

JDog officially belongs to ME!
We Are Strong
But We Don't Belong
Born In This World As It All Falls Apart

#849 2009-03-01 01:57:36

Fire
Flame of Udûn

A/N: Okay, this chapter will probably be really confusing too. Sorry. I tried to explain some stuff, but yeah.
Oh, and some of you might hate me at the end, but it had to happen. =/
Hope you like it. -is unsure-

This is still in Nessie's P.O.V. Jake's P.O.V. will be the next chapter since it's pretty significant and might help ease some of the confusingness.

Chapter 35
I vaguely recalled Mom gathering me up in her arms tenderly. I was too in shock to notice completely.

She murmured comforting words to me as two blurred figures whipped past me: Emmett and Jasper. They disappeared into the same spot where I last saw Jake.

I was aware of two more forms huddled around me: Dad and Rose. Alice was a little further off, her eyes squinted and nose crinkled in her signature expression when she was trying to see the future around blurry forms like myself. Carlisle was just entering the small clearing.

Jake left. Again. And right after that kiss. My lips still burned and a fire continued to simmer where his skin pressed against mine. How many times will I be able to go through him leaving before I am completely ripped to shreds? It almost seems as if after every good occurrence, something bad must happen.

Mom’s murmuring paused as she turned towards Dad. “Edward, what happened?” Mom asked softly, stroking my cheek as I stared out blankly after Jake. I can’t believe he’s actually gone again.

“Jake left,” I choked out before remembering his words of departure. “Seth and Embry.”

Rose shushed me, smoothing back my curls.

“Something has happened back in La Push,” Dad murmured in an emotionless voice. “Someone or something attacked Seth and Embry while they were on patrol.” Mom raised an eyebrow at him, blatantly wondering how he knew all of this. Dad chuckled softly, reached up to touch Mom’s cheek. “I can see his thoughts, love. His mind is connected with his pack’s, and they are all filling him in. It’s quite chaotic,” Dad added quietly.

“How?” I managed to say. “How did Jake know, even as a human?” I shakily sent an image to all who were touching my bare skin—Mom, Dad, and Rose—that briefly showed them Jake’s reaction moments earlier.

“He felt it as a human?” Mom whispered in disbelief. “I thought the packs were only connected as wolves.”

Dad suddenly looked up at Carlisle, who had a contemplative look on his face. “Are you sure?” Dad asked, sounding intrigued himself as he read Carlisle’s thoughts. “That is interesting,” he said to himself, brow furrowed in thought. I frowned at him, hating these one-sided conversations.

“Are you going to fill the rest of us in?” Rose snapped with annoyance.

Dad ignored Rose’s irritation. “Since Jake is the alpha, even when he sent them to be with Sam, Carlisle believes that he has a stronger bond with his pack than the other wolves do with each other. When something dire happens to one of them, he feels it. It is even more potent with Jake and his wolves because they are extremely close to one another. They are all best friends and have closer bonds that your average shapeshifter.”

This new piece of information puzzled me. So he can still talk to the others in his human form?

“No, not particularly,” Dad replied to my thoughts. “They can’t sense him when he’s in his human form. And it’s not the same concept of sharing thoughts as it is in their wolf forms. Jake is not able to read their thoughts, but only seems to be aware when one of his pack members is in a life-threatening situation. It is then when he can feel some vague sense of their pain.”

“That would make sense. Then the alpha can know instantly when his pack is in danger,” I muttered to myself.

“But since Jake has a much stronger bond with his pack, he is more sensitive to their pain. He could actually feel it when… Seth and Embry were attacked,” Dad finished softly.

Mom’s eyes were crinkled with worry. “Are they okay?”

Dad hesitated, his golden eyes locking with mine briefly. “I don’t know,” he admitted quietly. His voice was completely smooth, but I recognized the lie in his voice. He was hiding something from me.

I frowned lightly. Here I was, worrying my butt off about Jake when the ones I should be worried about are Seth and Embry. A wave of guilt preceded a rush of worry. Embry, who was always so playful and just like a second big brother to me. And Seth. He was my best friend, next to Jake. What would I do if something happened to them?

Dad stroked my cheek softly so that I looked up at him. “They’ll be fine,” he told me, but there was still a note of uncertainty in his tone.

Emmett and Jasper approached, and I turned my head to watch them burst into the clearing. They both stopped in front of us, looking forlorn.

“We lost him,” Jasper said quietly.

“That damn mutt sure can run,” Emmett grumbled, clearly not liking the fact that a dog was faster than him.

“But we’re sure he’s heading towards La Push to his pack,” Jasper added in his calm voice. “His emotions were very… strong. Worry, protectiveness, pain. He is not in his right mind yet. He will go to La Push to check on them.”

Dad, who had already seen all this in their thoughts, merely nodded. When he glanced at Alice with a look of worry crossing his face, I followed his gaze. She looked completely pained and frustrated as her face was screwed up in deep concentration. Her hands were pressing against her temple with enough force to take down a bear.

Jasper darted to her side instantly, rubbing his hands gently down her body, whispering comforting words. Slowly, the tension was released from her form as he massaged her shoulders, though that look of intense concentration was still on her face.

“Alice,” Dad murmured. “Stop it. You can’t see the werewolves, and there’s no point for you to try to see past their fuzzy forms. You’ll just get a headache.”

Alice sighed, lowering her hands and opening her eyes. She relaxed into Jasper’s form as she looked at us with disappointed eyes. Disappointed in herself.

She was beating herself up for not having seen all this happening.

“Alice, it’s not your fault,” I whispered. “You can’t see them. You couldn’t have done anything.”

She just frowned some more, clearly not taking up my words. “But I can’t even see who it was,” she burst out in frustration. “What’s the point of my visions if they’re so easily thwarted like this? I can’t see who’s watching Nessie, and now I can’t see who’s attacking the pack.”

Dad turned his head towards her suddenly, something in her thoughts making his brows pushing together. “You can’t see the Volturi?” he asked in surprise.

“No,” she sighed. “They were one of the few that could have had a hand in this, so I tried to see what they are up to. But they’re completely blurry as if something’s interrupting their future.”

“Sounds pretty fishy to me,” Emmett commented, leaning against a tree. “Let’s go pay them a visit.” He flexed his biceps threateningly, grinning like a wolf.

Mom shot him a glare, a deep growl forming in her throat. Dad cupped her cheek reassuringly, and she immediately relaxed at his touch.

My bottom lip jutted out slightly as I tried to soak this new information in. Looking around, I realized there was someone missing.

“Esme is back with Derek,” Dad answered. “Rose refused to stay behind at the prospect of you in danger.”

Rose huffed, trying not to look as soft as he made her out to be. I smiled at her, grateful for her protectiveness over me.

Dad had his eyes drawn onto Carlisle who had a look of suspicion on his face. “Yes,” he said abruptly with a tone of grief. “They are.”

Carlisle’s expression collapsed into sorrow before he turned his eyes back to Dad.

“Yes,” Dad said suddenly. “We need to. They are part of this family.”

Carlisle tilted his head slightly, and I noticed how his eyes flickered briefly to me. Dad followed his gaze, frowning again.

“No,” he said firmly to Carlisle. “I won’t have her that close to whatever attacked them.” Dad paused as he listened to Carlisle’s thoughts. “No, not her either.”

“You’re not leaving me behind,” Mom suddenly snapped, and Dad looked at her with surprise.

“How did you know?” he asked incredulously.

Mom jutted her chin out. “I know you well enough to read your expressions. You won’t leave me here. I’m going with you.” Bah. They lost me again. Where are they going?

Dad’s brow furrowed with worry. “But love—”

“Don’t you ‘but love’ me,” Mom interrupted. “Seth and Embry are my best friends. I will avenge them,” she hissed with a threatening tone in her voice.

“I can’t bear the prospect of you getting hurt,” Dad nearly begged. “Please.” Okay, he was begging now.

She almost looked like she would fold but continued to hold her stance. “I’m going. I can protect myself.”

I finally understood. They were going to La Push to help the wolves. They were going to hunt down whoever attacked Seth and Embry. And they were leaving me behind.

“No,” I said suddenly.

“Nessie…”

“No. You can’t leave me here while you help Seth and Embry. No,” I panicked. “They’re my best friends, too!”

“It’s too dangerous,” Mom and Dad said simultaneously.

“What, and leaving me here alone isn’t?” I challenged. “What if whatever attacked the pack comes here? What if it’s a trap?” I looked at all of their faces and saw that none of them were breaking. I sighed hopelessly. “Why are you so insistent on keeping me from La Push?” I snapped wearily.

I glanced up and caught the expression on all of their faces before it disappeared under a poker-face. I narrowed my eyes minutely. They were keeping something from me again. Probably something that more fully explained why I wasn’t allowed to come with.

“Spill it,” I demanded. “What are you all hiding from me?”

I eyed them all, searching for a weak point. Aha. I zeroed in my gaze on Mom, whose bottom lip was quivering slightly. “Mom, you’re a terrible liar, even as a vampire,” I said. “What happened?”

Mom glanced at Dad with a look of surrender and apology for giving in to me. “We think something’s up,” Mom explained in her bell-like voice. “After all, you first feel as if someone’s watching you. Then the wolves are ambushed.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “You think they’re connected?” I had thought that it was decided that I was imagining the first one.

Mom looked at Dad for help in explaining. He sighed, obviously not liking it. “They are two big occurrences, both extremely fishy to not be connected in some way. Plus, they were similar in some ways. From what I heard in Jake’s mind, it looks like Seth and Embry were completely taken unawares. That’s a hard feat to accomplish, nearly as difficult as sneaking up on a vampire,” Dad hinted.

Ah. I see. There was a good chance that both of these things—since they were both left undetected—were connected. After all, the odds were slim that two parties were able to surprise both werewolves and vampires at two different locations in such a short amount of time.

But that didn’t completely make sense with why they wanted to keep me here. Why was here safer than in La Push?

“What else?” I asked, raising an eyebrow skeptically.

They all looked at each other, hesitating. I felt a throb of annoyance; would they ever cease treating me like a child? Maybe a different maneuver will help.

“Why do you insist on hiding things from me?” I said softly, playing the hurt party. “First about Jake and now this. I am completely untrustworthy?”

Dad rolled his eyes, sighing at me. Though he could clearly see past my act, he also saw my determination. “Nessie, can’t you just accept what we’ve told you and leave it at that?” he pleaded gently. “It’s best if you don’t know.”

Jutting my jaw out stubbornly, I shook my head.

Frowning slightly, Dad’s eyes flitted across everyone’s faces before settling on mine. Mom’s arms tightened around me. “When Seth and Embry were attacked… all the other wolves heard their howls and phased immediately, just before Jake did. There was a brief flash of pain and panic before their vision faded out.”

Faded out? As in, they phased out?

“But the other wolves can still sense them there. Seth and Embry are still in their wolf forms; it just seems like they are unconscious.” Dad paused before dropping the bomb on me. “Whatever it was, it took their bodies.”

“What?” I gasped. Everyone had a grim expression on their faces.

“When the pack reached the point where Seth and Embry were ambushed, they were gone,” Dad further explained with a pained expression on his face. “There was no trace of them at all and quite eerily so. It was as if they had never set foot in that area. The only evidence the pack had was their memories and their faint mind connection.

“And what they saw through Seth and Embry’s eyes was even eerier. Nothing. As if whatever was attacking them was invisible,” Dad finished.

I would have collapsed to the ground if Mom’s arms weren’t wrapped around me. Fear and panic pulsed through me. There was some invisible force out there that was apparently able to overcome the strength of werewolves and slip past vampires. And to accomplish this without raising awareness as to who or what it was.

Oh Seth. Oh Embry. Where were they? Were they all right?

And Jake. My Jacob. He must be devastated right now. I need to be there for him.

“No, Ness,” Dad said firmly. “You are not coming. You’re staying here with Esme, Rose, Alice, and Emmett while the rest of us head to La Push to help the wolves.”

What?” Emmett boomed in an outrage. “You are not leaving me here, damn it! Why the hell can Mr. Empath here go—” Emmett jerked his chin towards Jasper “—when I can’t?”

“Because we might need him to help control the wolves’ emotions. And Carlisle’s going because he’s best at negotiating; plus, the pack seems to trust him the most,” Dad explained calmly.

“What a bunch of bullshit,” Emmett grumbled, and Dad’s mouth thinned at his use of expletives.

Before Dad could comment, though, he suddenly gasped, staring straight ahead with blank eyes. He cringed, and look of pain flashed across his face.

From miles and miles away, a faint howl erupted, magnified by our superior hearing. My heart twisted at the sound; there was pure sorrow and grief in the noise. I recognized the howl immediately. Jake.

“Edward,” Mom called out in a panic, stroking his stone face. “Edward, talk to me.”

Dad blinked, his eyes focusing back on his wife in front of his. His face was twisted with grief.

My heart stopped as I took in that expression. Oh no…

“Embry’s gone,” Dad whispered, his voice thick with mourning.

“You mean like he phased back into a human, right?” Mom said in disbelief, trying to convince herself of this. “You don’t mean he—”

“Yes,” Dad interrupted quietly. “Embry’s dead.”

Last edited by Fire (2009-03-01 01:58:25)

,**  **,

#850 2009-03-01 02:25:29

Forever&&Always

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U CANT KILL EMBRY!!! WHAT THE EFF?
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!
EMBRYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(:o:mad: :mad: :cry:

• Index
  •  » Twilight
  •  » Burning Sun [Nessie's Story] Rated PG-13 [with some Mature content]

Adverts

Board footer